• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No aux output from Panasonic TX-55CR730B

crikee

Novice Member
I've just upgraded my Panasonic to the 55" model and can't get any TV audio through the PT450 Home Cinema system.
Sky+ is connected HDMI and plays ok, The PT450 plays DVDs ok via HDMI and with 5.1.
I have phono cables connecting the Aux out / In from the TV to the PT450. When I remove the phonos from the TV and touch the ends of the connectors I get the usual buzz so the PT450 seems to be working ok??
Is there something wrong with the Aux out on the TV or have I missed something in the setup?

Any help appreciated :)
Thanks
Chris

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure the CR730 does not have Aux out, the only phono's are for the component input, you would either need to use a optical lead, are ARC from hdmi 2 if you system supports it.

crikee

Novice Member
Thanks Dave,
I think you're right. The PT450 does not support ARC or optical so it looks like a soundbar for the TV :(

dallinds

Standard Member
Chris, we are looking at this tv to replace an old Panasonic plasma - can you tell me what its like for motion blur (if at all) and how you are finding it in general. Other half watches quite a bit of sport and it would also be used for pc gaming every now and again. The other tv on our 'watch' list is the Hisense K720 but I can't find many reviews or recommendations for that one.
Thanks, Tracey

crikee

Novice Member
Hi Tracey,
We did the same thing and are not disappointed. The setup is easy and the picture quality is superb (IMO) with no motion blur, unlike the plasma. The only drawback is that I used to output the TV sound to my Home Cinema system and now can't do that as it doesn't support ARC (hence the original post!). I'm not too keen on the TV sound but that's just me. My wife thinks it's fine :)
I would recommend this TV to anyone as long as you can route the TV sound via a Home Cinema system or some other amp.
Picture quality is great and the menus are pretty much intuitive so easy to find your way around.

Cheers
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom