• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question No audio from Yamaha RX-V579

pradip

Novice Member
There is no sound coming from speakers (RX-V579). The video is fine via HDMI but no sound.

I have tried rebooting and updating firmware but still not working.

I noticed that all icons are disappeared and regardless of which program I choose no speaker icons are appearing.

YPAO test shows unplug the phones but there is no phone connected.

Please help me with this issue.
Thank You

dante01

Distinguished Member
Sounds as though the headphone input has become stuck? This would cause the AV receiver to think that you are using headphones while you aren't and prevent it outputting anything to the connected speakers.

You can try inserting and removing a headphone jack plug into the jack input a few times to try engage the receiver into detecting that there are no headphones in use. You could also try cleaning the input using a cottom bud and contact cleane ror simply blow into the input to clean any dust that may have built up inside. The worst case scenario is a faulty input which would need a service engineer to replace.

Last edited:

pradip

Novice Member
Sounds as though the headphone input has become stuck? This would cause the AV receiver to think that you are using headphones while you aren't and prevent it outputting anything to the connected speakers.

You can try inserting and removing a headphone jack plug into the jack input a few times to try engage the receiver into detecting that there are no headphones in use. You could also try cleaning the input using a cottom bud and contact cleane ror simply blow into the input to clean any dust that may have built up inside. The worst case scenario is a faulty input which would need a service engineer to replace.

I have followed your instructions and problem is resolved. Thanks a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom