No audio from TV with 3.5 Mini Stereo Jack to Jack?

peps1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hooked up my PC to my TV though a HDMI TO DVI, and 3.5 Mini Stereo Jack to Jack out of the sound card to the TVs audio in 3.5 socket.....But not getting any audio out of the TV speaker?

Any suggestions, iv checked with headphones and the pc is defiantly kicking out audio, and checked the few audio settings in the TVs menu?

Is there a way to do it all though the GFX cards HDMI TO DVI

TV is a Philips 42PFL5604H/12 And the GFX card is a GeForce® 260 GTX 896MB DDR3 Black Edition

I suspect that the 3.5mm jack on the tv is a sound out for headphones and not a sound in. Check in the manual.

To output the sound through the HDMI, go to sounds on control panel and select there.

Nope, definitely Audio In, has the following printed above it:

AUDIO IN:
LEFT / RIGHT
HDMI 1 / DVI
HDMI 2 / DVI
HDMI 3 / DVI
VGA

Don't want to go though the stress of sending it back as its my only TV, and the world cups on......so hope im missing something basic (have checked the 3.5 jack cables, and they function fine carrying audio to my sound system)

Regards outputting the sound through my soundcard via HDMI, need to order a SPDIF jumper cable to connect my NVIDIA GPU to MOBO.

Are you using the audio input that matches the HDMI you're using (side/back), as per the Philips FAQ that is suspiciously similar to what you want to do?

Are you using the audio input that matches the HDMI you're using (side/back), as per the Philips FAQ that is suspiciously similar to what you want to do?

Iv to it set up exactly as show in the second option
090226040516_26467.gif

STUNNING picture, but no sound :confused:

Iv to it set up exactly as show in the second option
090226040516_26467.gif

STUNNING picture, but no sound :confused:
I`ve got my old P4 3.2 rig hooked up to Panasonic G10 in the same way, I had to go in the Tv settings and change the audio input on that av input from digital to analogue :thumbsup:

mmmmm.......closest I can find In my sound options is 'TV Speakers' > 'ON' - 'OFF' - 'Automatic easy link'

And gave it a go with both :(

Hey Nobski,

Just updated the firmwear and still no sound, even went a got a 3.5mm to LR RCA cable and connected them to the TV BUT still no audio! (this is extra strange as my Wii uses those same LR RCA sockets and works fine)

Its as if when you connect a HDMI cable the TV just has no clue to use audio from any other input!

I want to cry :(

Hey Nobski,

Just updated the firmwear and still no sound, even went a got a 3.5mm to LR RCA cable and connected them to the TV BUT still no audio! (this is extra strange as my Wii uses those same LR RCA sockets and works fine)

Its as if when you connect a HDMI cable the TV just has no clue to use audio from any other input!

I want to cry :(

It`s a bit of a long shot by have you checked the TV audio settings with your pc on and viewing the pc image :confused:
otherwise what rez does vga to TV vga support and if you have tried it does the audio work ?

Last edited:
I can't help but that tv's a bit to clever for us mortals! I also think the problem may lay with the Easylink feature. If you have easylink enabled I suspect it assumes the sound comes via the HDMI socket so maybe you should disable it. Also, you can turn off the internal speakers: are they enabled. Also don't quite understand what the effect of RC key forwarding does to a selected HDMI connector.

OK bit of tinkering AND, we have sound though the RCA (but still not mini jack) as spyder viewer says I have to disable Easylink on the TV......But every time I turn the PC on I have to go into my nVIDIA GPU setting menu and enable HDMI sound, then disable HDMI sound???? strange, but its much better then no sound!

OK bit of tinkering AND, we have sound though the RCA (but still not mini jack) as spyder viewer says I have to disable Easylink on the TV......But every time I turn the PC on I have to go into my nVIDIA GPU setting menu and enable HDMI sound, then disable HDMI sound???? strange, but its much better then no sound!

On the Windows control panel/sounds, what is shown, and what is set as the default sound output device?

Audio has totally gone again, not touched any setting and its just stopped.....not even the enable HDMI sound, then disable HDMI sound in the nVIDIA GPU setting menu is working any more!

Hi, peps1, I have exactly the same situation as you had.

No sound through the mini jack input, the same tv.

Since you did stop posting, you probably did get a solution.

So, did you manage to get the audio from your pc?

If yes, then what did you do; it might work for me as well.

JenoT.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom