1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No (analogue) sound from a Toshiba 210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pcavelle, Apr 25, 2003.

1. pcavelle

pcavelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi - can anyone help me out with this?

A mate of mine has a Toshiba 210 multi region, from Techtronics or Link, can't remember. Anyway - it's out of warranty and there is no sounds at all from either Scart or Sterero Analogue out. I have it at my house now but have't had the chance to test with the 5.1 DD out as yet, and won't for several days.

I connected direct to my TV last night using a Scart then using a composite + analgue left & right - sure enough, no sound whatsoever. Picture is fine.

I went through all setup options, switching sound output from Analogue 2 - Channel to PCM to Bitstream, just to check, but still no sound.

Have I missed something? Is the a reset to factory defaults option, or could it just be a loose cable or similar?

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks

Paul

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Your the second person to post a problem like this with the Toshiba 210. The responces to the previous post (which can still be found by doing a search for 'Toshiba 210') didn't really offer any solutions other than get it repaired so I would guess no work arounds are known.

However before you haul it down to your local repair shop double check the obvious - check the connections are properly inserted, try using a different Scart/audio lead, switch the unit off at the mains and re-try and ensure you work through the various audio settings (refer to your manual) to ensure nothing there has been accidentally set to the wrong setting.

3. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sure you have set the TV up right

4. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Not sure if the Tosh 210 has an analogue setting in it's set up menu (in the audio section) - it should be set to bitsream..if it is on analogue this could result in no sound unless you have your player connected to your amp this way..I have the Tosh 510 and have the analogue connections for dvda and I have to maually set it in the menu when I want to listen to a dvda disc...just wondered if this may be what's wrong...hope you get it sorted

Berth:cool: