No AirPlay support for pre-2019 LG OLED TV?

boomish

Standard Member
Found out yesterday that my 2 month old B8 is not getting AirPlay support in the new update, lots of people not happy about this on the web, Samsung have done it for their previous 2018 TV models can’t see any technical reason LG can’t support the B8..found an Twitter petition if others want to sign up..Hope this is ok to post here, thought it must affect a lot of us LG owners, I did ask LG UK back in July if they would bring it to the B8 before I purchased it and he replied no reason why not.

LG: Bring AirPlay 2 and HomeKit to Current LG webOS Premium OLED TVs - Sign the Petition! chng.it/nCb2jyj8 via @UKChange @LGUS @LGUK

cyberheater

At this point. I'm not even sure Airplay support is coming to any LG tv in the UK.

sagaris99

I've recently bought a 65inch Nano LCD and it's not on that.
Don’t know what to tell you.

You said you didn’t think it was coming to any 2019 LG’s, it’s definitely on the OLEDs and I’ve used it myself on an in store Nano cell.

It’s not a downloadable app

cyberheater

Don’t know what to tell you.

You said you didn’t think it was coming to any 2019 LG’s, it’s definitely on the OLEDs and I’ve used it myself on an in store Nano cell.

It’s not a downloadable app

It's comforting to know at least some UK models have them. Gives me hope that mine will get an update too. Thanks sagaris99.

boomish

Standard Member
Here is the proper link for the petition on Twitter..Sign the Petition
Please spread the twitter Facebook etc..
Bring AirPlay 2 and HomeKit to Current LG webOS Premium OLED TVs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom