No 9v RF output from Sky Box

Sevema

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help here. I am not getting the 9V RF out put on one of my sky boxes. I have tried plugged in my TV eye directly on another sky box and get the red light on so I know its not the TV eye. Is there a simply solution to this?

Press services menu button, then 4,0,1 in that order to get to the installaers menu.

Yes I have followed the installation instruction and been through the sercive menu and turn on the RF output. It is on the default setting of Channel 68.

Yes I have followed the installation instruction and been through the sercive menu and turn on the RF output. It is on the default setting of Channel 68.
There is a setting called "2nd RF power" (or something like it!). Is this turned "ON"

Can't seem to find this option. Ant help much appreciated.

Can't seem to find this option. Ant help much appreciated.
Ok - at home so can check the exact naming!

Installer Menu->RF Outlets->RF Output Power Supply

Set to "ON" and then "Save settings"

I have been through the installer set up menu and the RF output is turned on. From past experience you can tell it's on as when you touch the connector you get a slight shock/tingle from the voltage. This isn't happening.

Any other ideas?

Is the lead taken directly from the Sky box RF2 to the TV
or
is it going through any type of splitter or wall plate.

These can give problems if the 9V isn't being passed

Try disconnecting the box from the mains for about 30 secs and then re-connecting.
Test again with your Eye plugged diectly into RF2.

I have had the box unplugged for a day and then connected the TV eye directly to the RF2 connector. Still no joy!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom