• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No 4K From Prime

jimcorton

Novice Member
Hi, Can anyone help or explain why I cannot get 4K from my 4K Firestick linked to my Denon 4500 AVR. All HDMI leads are good quality 4k spec.
Watching Jack Ryan via Optoma PJ and Prime thro the Firestick stick to the Denon, the Denon HDMI is 2.2 compliant but the pic I get is only HD 1080P?
On the firestick remote 'Options' says - 4K only available via 2.2 compliant HDMI input, which it is? What am I doing wrong..... Jim

xar

Prominent Member
Check you have picked the 4k version on the show on the Prime App. Amazon has separate listings for 4k and 1080p. Its not like Netflix where it auto-changes the quality.

Also make sure your PJ is 4k compatible. I am not sure on the model you have, but a lot of them can receive a 4k signal as they are '4k compatible', but cannot actually output a 4k image

jimcorton

Novice Member
Thanks. The PJ is Optoma UHD 60 which is not native 4k but still 4K capable, and connects to the Denon via a 4K HDMI fibre cable. All 7x of the Denons HDMI inputs are 2.2 compliant. I have a 4K Panasonic DVD player and that outputs and displays a 4K image ??
Yes, we were watching the 4K version of Jack Ryan, but only getting 1080P. cheers, jim

xar

Prominent Member
Not sure in that case. Maybe your internet is running slower than normal? Prime also has a ramp up where it outputs 1080p until the 4K stream catches up then it switches.

If you have a 4K tv you could try the amazon stick into it, see if Jack Ryan gives 4K output?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom