No 12v trigger on my projector - argh!

SaintDoglet

Novice Member
Hi there, I'm revamping my main room and adding an Epson EH-TW7000 with Sapphire screen. The projector doesn't have a 12v trigger port but I want the screen to come down automatically when the projector is turned on without an extra button press on the screen remote.

I have a harmony elite but all equipment will be in the next room and I don't want to have to run an IR blaster into the main room to sit under the projector screen to trigger it.

Does anyone know of any other options? (I can't change projector now!)

Cheers

jocaroth

Novice Member
My problem is my Elite screen as a 1' drop that I don't want to use. I know this is off-topic, but do they have an extension limit adjustment?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have never used an Elite screen but most screens have a couple of screw adjusters to set the drop point.

Do you have a link to the screen?

Joe

jocaroth

Novice Member
Thanks for asking! I did further digging and found this from Elite: "Unfortunately, we no longer provide limit switch adjustments. The screen is already deployed to its complete factory setting. We do not recommend making any vertical limit adjustments to the screen, as improper adjustments will affect the projection image, damage the unit and void your warranty. Over/false adjusting the drop will permanently damage the screen and will be unable to repair."

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Doesn’t sound very positive - I would be wary of trying to limit the travel by cutting power to the motor.

Maybe time to consider an alternative screen!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom