No 1280x720 through VGA on TXL32X15B?

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
Hi everyone, as you know, I have just brought a Panasonic TXL32X15B. After suffering from "colour bleeding" problems whilst using my Xbox 360 through HDMI, I decided to go back to my trusty VGA lead (which looked amazing on my 3 year old Evesham) only to find out that the TV doesn't output in 1280x720! It only offers three resloutions, and that's not one of them, so the picture doesn't even fit the screen. Is there a way round this? It seems a bit stupid that the TV doesn't even do the basics right, that my ye olde TV could. So much for progress..........:(

So it looks like I'm stuck with either component or HDMI (which look a lot poorer IMO)

Thanks people :)

peahead

Hi

Just set it to 1366 x 768 if you are using vga this will give you 1.1 pixel mapping.

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
Hi

Just set it to 1366 x 768 if you are using vga this will give you 1.1 pixel mapping.

Thanks, peahead. Do you have any idea as to why the TV moved the picture through VGA "off centre"? Is there anyway of realigning it? I had an feature on my old TV called "auto" (just like what you get on an LCD monitor)

EDIT: So what resoloution should I set the 360 as? The nearest I can get to 1366 x 768 on the Xbox is 1360 x 768. Will this be ok?

Last edited:

peahead

Thanks, peahead. Do you have any idea as to why the TV moved the picture through VGA "off centre"? Is there anyway of realigning it? I had an feature on my old TV called "auto" (just like what you get on an LCD monitor)

EDIT: So what resoloution should I set the 360 as? The nearest I can get to 1366 x 768 on the Xbox is 1360 x 768. Will this be ok?

Hi

You can realign the picture manualy if its off centre in the tvs pc setup menu there should be options for h-pos which adjusts the picture horizontaly and v-pos which lets you adjust it vertically or you can try pressing sync option and the tv will try auto realign again.

I should of mentioned the 360 only outputs 1360 x 768 through its vga output just select that its ok.

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
Hi

You can realign the picture manualy if its off centre in the tvs pc setup menu there should be options for h-pos which adjusts the picture horizontaly and v-pos which lets you adjust it vertically or you can try pressing sync option and the tv will try auto realign again.

I should of mentioned the 360 only outputs 1360 x 768 through its vga output just select that its ok.

Thanks again for the quick reply and all of your help :)

EDIT: I have been trying to get some optimal picture and sound settings off of the net for the TXL32X15B, but to no avail. Is there anywhere that has set up this TV correctly?

Last edited:

peahead

no ive not seen anything posted about picture settings for this model yet its quite new so thats maybe why.

ziffius

I should of mentioned the 360 only outputs 1360 x 768 through its vga output

No, it also outputs 1360 x 768 over HDMI. The TV needs to report that resolution in it's EDID to the console. My A456 only does this on HDMI-2, and so I can only select that resolution when I connect the console via HDMI-2. Being 1080p, I imagine your A786 has reason to do this.

Do you know what model preceded my TV? Is there a thread for setting up that TV on here, maybe? Thanks

TX-32LXD85 is last years comparable model, HD ready/ 100hz.

Last edited:

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
No, it also outputs 1360 x 768 over HDMI. The TV needs to report that resolution in it's EDID to the console. My A456 only does this on HDMI-2, and so I can only select that resolution when I connect the console via HDMI-2. Being 1080p, I imagine your A786 has reason to do this.

TX-32LXD85 is last years comparable model, HD ready/ 100hz.

Cheers for the heads up on the 32LXD85, I'll search out some settings ASAP :)

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom