Quantcast

Nitey nite

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
How funny was this last night, the steak and kidney pie was gross way to get pregnet!., but the acting of characters is so funny.

huwg

:rotfl:

it just gets worse, that turkey baster scene was just shocking.
As for the king size bed sheet :eek:

NicolasB

The second series of Nighty Night has been a great dissapointment, I'm afraid. The first series was very effective - it didn't exactly make one laugh, more stare at the screen in fascinated horror, but it worked. The second series has abandoned all pretence of grounding the action in reality to the point where nothing makes the tiniest bit of sense any more, and its only remaining goal (apparently) is to be as disgusting as possible.

huwg

NicolasB said:
The second series of Nighty Night has been a great dissapointment, I'm afraid. The first series was very effective - it didn't exactly make one laugh, more stare at the screen in fascinated horror, but it worked. The second series has abandoned all pretence of grounding the action in reality to the point where nothing makes the tiniest bit of sense any more, and its only remaining goal (apparently) is to be as disgusting as possible.
I agree with your point - it has lost its subtlety and any semblance of reality, but I still find it entertaining. The programme has shifted in style.

NicolasB

It's not even just a question of losing contact with reality. I've no problem with non-realistic comedy - hell, I'm a huge fan of The Goon Show. But Nighty Night no longer even has any kind of consistent internal structure. Given the way Jill behaves towards Glen, for example, the "geophraphy teacher" scene last week made absolutely no sense. As a sketch in isolation it was funny - but Jill wasn't the same character in that as she was in the rest of the programme.

mattym

Banned
my wife really likes this, but i just dont get it, i think perhaps i should have watched the first series, but then...would it really make sense then???

Mr Cat

Banned
I haven't seen the 2nd series (moved out from my ex and she kept the digi box!) = but the first one was class!

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
I have only managed to catch odd episodes, but have liked them and intend to buy the DVDs. :thumbsup:

StooMonster

First series, great. Second series, rubbish.

StooMonster

Fast Jon

Novice Member
Tried to watch it, but couldn't decypher what Julia Davis was saying most of the time. Possibly becoming slightly mutton in my dotage.