nissan sat nav

J

jackieod

i have a 2005 nissan primera sve am looking to upgrade sat nav system. is it possible to self install.the system in car is original manufactures.version x6.0.or if anyone knows of better or cheaper system that can be installed .would be grateful for any info.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Having just bought a secondhand Primera 2.2 dCi SX yesterday, I was looking into this last Saturday.
The Nav system was designed by Xanavi Infomatics Corp of Japan : http://www.xanavi.co.jp/
Xanavi seem to be a cooperative of Hitachi and Nissan.
They licenced a Trimble chipset for it - Trimble have been in the GPS game right from the early days.
It appears to be quite a good system - but the DVDs are quite expensive - although they do appear on Ebay.
As it turns out, I have the colour screen but not the built in satnav - would have needed a 2 months later car to get it but negotiated a reduction based on this.
I'll be putting my Garmin i3 into the vehicle - at least I can easily have the latest camera and other POI info that way.
These guys look useful for connecting into the system :
http://www.dashmount.co.uk/nissan.htm

Chris Muriel, Manchester

N

nevmyers

I am considering a Nissan 2.2 Dci SX which mwntioned in a recent message. Can you tell me what is wrong with the installed system and leading to requests for upgrades?

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
My 2.2dCiSX was maufactured a month or so too early to have the SatNav as standard.
There's nothing inherently wrong with the Nissan built-in system though. You can't add cameras and additional POI - but that's the same for any built-in type. You get whatever comes on the DVD.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

deblaso3

Standard Member
hi everyone, i have an 02 nissan primera sve. the sat nave system comes on only when it feels like but when it is on it works perfect. when it is not on the screen does not come on and i can't control anything like cd player,climate control or anything else linked to the system. . does anyone know how what might be wrong pls.

cuthill

Standard Member
hi everyone, i have an 02 nissan primera sve. the sat nave system comes on only when it feels like but when it is on it works perfect. when it is not on the screen does not come on and i can't control anything like cd player,climate control or anything else linked to the system. . does anyone know how what might be wrong pls.[/QUOTE

I have the same problem on a 1999 primera - did you find a fix?

[email protected]
New Zealand

rallychief

Hi know this an old one but just bought 04 almera tino with built in nav, and it's rubbish, or I can't work it, can't even put a post code in it, does anybody do a software update for it, which you can download onto a dvd, and make it more useful

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom