nissan micra airbag warning light not working

chakota

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all ,
Bit of a puzzle this one , 2008 nissan micra k12 160sr
Firstly , purchased car and after short time tachometer stopped working , I ended up buying second hand instrument cluster from same year micra. Tried that ... tachometer was fine on this and got my own one sorted out but discovered airbag warning light was flashing but not in my original dash. I concluded the warning light is disabled in my original dash I presume to sell the car.
Problem I got is ... on these instrument clusters there is no bulbs as they are leds integrated into the circuit board and cannot use spare dash as security system stops car from starting and will need code from nissan , which could be very expensive . I cannot get nobody to sort this flashing light problem and airbag fault has been sorted but not warning light ..... what I need to know is how the heck did they manage to disable this light on my dash as it's all ok up to the multi plug behind dash , I cannot see any where where it was disabled ....any electronic tonic experts out there who can help please ...many thanks

Do your 2 clusters match? Reason for asking is that in a Ford Mondeo if you change the cluster it can bring on the light due to a mismatch on the cluster,looks the same, fits but part number is different. Is yours?

Part number is exactly the same , I checked that out before I tried fitting . I am going to remove my cluster and inspect the printed circuit for any cuts to interrupt circuit and I don't think the printed board has been off as it looks a sealed unit ...anyway thank you dvd man for replying to my request

Had an airbag warning problem on our first mini - thanks to a lose loom connection on the passenger seat. The wiring was fixed but the light remained on. I could either pay someone with BMW diagnostics to reset the light or buy a code reset tool online. As the tool was less than the BMW labour I did that. Reset the light and never looked back.
Might be worth a google for your car?

Hi ,
Many thanks for your reply , unfortunately it's the warning light that is not working , I have since found the intrument cluster is virtually a sealed unit with led's for all warning lights . I have heard some nightmare tales concerning peeps with indicator light not working and it had to be taken to nissan for a new cluster to be put in around £700 . Seems incredible paying that amount where in the old days it was a simple and cheap fix. Have found a place who can repair the unit for £89 . Had a call and fixed now ..just waiting for postman so I can refit into car. This is modern technology today works well until it goes wrong and costs a fortune to repair as main dealers seem to have exclusive rights to fix certain items especially when they charge around £100 per hour ...anyway many thanks

Please note that if you need to switch off the airbag light on a Nissan, a generic, basic code reader will NOT work.
You need a more sophisticated scanner, not a code reader.

Please note that if you need to switch off the airbag light on a Nissan, a generic, basic code reader will NOT work.
You need a more sophisticated scanner, not a code reader.

Yes that's correct as I believe the airbag system uses the airbag ecu rather than the main ecu , that is why fault will not show up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom