Nissan Micra ABS Problem

scwajj

Standard Member
I am hoping someone can help me ....as my local Nissan garage cannot! I have the abs and engine warning light on. The Nissan garage tested the ASB system and declared it was the electronic unit at fault (I forget the exact fault code). They wanted £1500 for the part and as the car is worth £2000 I said no thanks. I took the abs control unit off the car and noticed that one of the contacts was pitted and corroded. I cleaned it up, sprayed a bit of WD40 and put it back on. Fault code still showing. I then sent the unit of to BBA REMAN who tested it and stated it was working fine. I then checked the contact again, gave it a bit more of a clean, back on the car and the lights were still on. Took it to Nissan so they could reset the code in the ECU thinking it may need just a reset, and the lights are still on. All Nissan can suggest it to replace the unit, which is just not economical. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

scwajj

Standard Member
Thanks car-man, it helps a little. One question - is the abs pump coupled electronically to the control unit ? In other words could I buy an electronic unit (second hand ) and fit to the current pump unit without something in the cars ECU needing to be reprogrammed ?

car-man

Thanks car-man, it helps a little. One question - is the abs pump coupled electronically to the control unit ? In other words could I buy an electronic unit (second hand ) and fit to the current pump unit without something in the cars ECU needing to be reprogrammed ?

I'm not 100% certain if it can be done, maybe ask the dealer's workshop manager.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom