Nissan Leaf - Weekend Test Drive

Free Pod Point is not a perk ;) But I'd say that's an excellent price and better than the deal we got end of April
You're quite correct of course, but I'd heard not everyone was now being offered the deal.

Oh? that's interesting. We weren't offered one by Nissan, we enquired with PodPoint and they checked with the garage we were buying one and took it from there.

You're quite correct of course, but I'd heard not everyone was now being offered the deal.
We had offers of 'discount codes' from someone who worked for the garage in a different capacity, and someone who worked at Nissan. Our salesman told us that if we didn't use the Nissan discount code, that we wouldn't be eligible for the free pod point installation and would have to pay the difference from the government grant. Not sure how true this is but wasn't really a problem.

Quick update - after a visit to a couple of dealers and a few emails I took a drive through to Macklin Motors in Glasgow today. Service was night and day compared to the other dealers and I walked away with a car on order! :thumbsup:

Managed to get a 30Kw Tekna in gun metallic at 8k miles a year for £252 a month for 3 years. Still a bit higher than some of the other offers I'd heard of but I think the interest in EV's is increasing and so the deals are going too.

Also got the 30Kw version at a slightly cheaper price than the 24Kw was because of the trade-in value being higher at the end and the protection pack was thrown in with the cost offset to help them hit their targets.

All in I'm very happy. No idea of the delivery times yet but fingers crossed it won't be long!

@craigy_b I'd say that's a great price. Metallic paint was £20/month more for us (so we stuck with red).

You done good craig :thumbsup:

You done good craig :thumbsup:

I think the key is to do your research. I've spoken to so many people and read plenty of threads like this that I had an idea of what deals could be had. I'm usually a bit more naive about negotiating when buying cars etc but i was confident that I knew what I wanted and I'm happy with the outcome.

Ask for advice and there is little chance that you'll be ripped off and pay over the odds. :smashin:

we did our research and then let them sell us gap insurance and minor dent insurance. :facepalm:

Quick update - after a visit to a couple of dealers and a few emails I took a drive through to Macklin Motors in Glasgow today. Service was night and day compared to the other dealers and I walked away with a car on order! :thumbsup:

Managed to get a 30Kw Tekna in gun metallic at 8k miles a year for £252 a month for 3 years. Still a bit higher than some of the other offers I'd heard of but I think the interest in EV's is increasing and so the deals are going too.

Also got the 30Kw version at a slightly cheaper price than the 24Kw was because of the trade-in value being higher at the end and the protection pack was thrown in with the cost offset to help them hit their targets.

All in I'm very happy. No idea of the delivery times yet but fingers crossed it won't be long!

If it's coming from the garage then it should be early September. We ordered a week ago and ours is supposed to be ready from end of August, but we're waiting for the new plates to come out

If it's coming from the garage then it should be early September. We ordered a week ago and ours is supposed to be ready from end of August, but we're waiting for the new plates to come out

1st of September would suit me from a purely vanity point of view. The dealer was honest and said that he didnt know when it would be but he would give me an idea at the start of the week.

1st of September would suit me from a purely vanity point of view. The dealer was honest and said that he didnt know when it would be but he would give me an idea at the start of the week.
Ye we've done the same thing. We're even going to he without a car for a few weeks while we wait

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom