1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nirvana-Incesticide

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Aug 13, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    After lots of considerations I decided to pick this up on the cheap, I had thought it would be pretty poor, but although it would never make the greatest list, its all in all pretty good. It features 2 of the Vaselines covers, Mollys Lips and Son of a Gun (Good but not as good as the Vaselines IMO). The classics Sliver, Been a Son and Aneurysm.

Theres some brilliant drumming on this album, who drummed on which track is difficult to figure out Chad Channing, Dale Crover, Dan Peters and Dave Grohl, it would be interesting to work out which belongs to whom.

Looks like they had a second guitarist on Been a Son a Jason Everman !

2. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They where four piece for some of that album. He was black with bleached blonde hair, and I know he guitared with the foo fighters when they started. If you want a name it would be best to ask Gambit as the Foos are his band.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I found a site giving all the details of drummers and guitarists, Jason played with Soungarden. Nirvana also used guys from the Melvyns and Mudhoney, at least.

4. ratso-rizzo

ratso-rizzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The 'black guy with bleached hair' was called Pat Smear. He played on Nirvana's final tour as well as Unplugged and he did play with the Foo Fighters for a short time. He was in a well known American punk band called The Germs long before that.

Chad Channing played drums on most of Bleach with Dale Crover (Melvins) doing two songs (I think!). Dan Peters (from Mudhoney) played drums on Sliver only. Dave Grohl joined shortly after that, in time for the Peel session during which the Vaselines tracks (amongst others) were recorded. After that they started into Nevermind and the rest is history.

Hope this helps.

Ratso.

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have told you it was Pat, but Rizzo got here first. I remember him more from the Unplugged set than the Foo's but he was in the Big Me video and the Monkey Wrench one. dunno if he still jams with them, it's Chris now as their second guitarist.