1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Nip/Tuck" gets slashed by C4!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 27, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Bad news folks. If you're a fan of the gory and dark US drama "Nip/Tuck", you may have been wondering why Channel 4 have recently been showing Season 2 in double-episodes, each week.

Well, the answer is this! They are dropping the show! :eek: :mad: :eek:

The :censored:-wits at C4 HQ are running through Season 2 as quickly as possible, to get it over and done with, and then they have officially confirmed, that they will NOT be buying any more episodes, of the show.

Why? The old favourite "because it doesn't get enough viewers"!

So, if you want to watch Season 3 onwards, it looks like it's going to be Sky 1 only, unless UK fans can persuade Five to buy the rights.

Once again, Channel 4 are screwing UK fans of brilliant US shows, by buying up the rights to new shows, and then deciding that because the show doesn't get the same kind of ratings as "I'm A Total TitHead, So Let Me Pose In Front Of The Camera As Long As I Can Until I Get Voted Out By Sun Readers, Where I Will Then Get Some Other Tit To Ghost-Write My Biography, In Which Nothing Is True, Because I'm Only 8 Years Old", they dump it!

All I can say is this: Channel Whore - go :censored: yourselves! :mad:

Pooch

2. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    And you wonder why people download US TV

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY have aquired the full rights package for Nip/Tuck so they may choose to keep it exclusive like they have done for other shows.

The question that springs to mind is if CH4 did not bid for season3 or were simply outbid by SKY and then used the old chestnut of viewers to save face.
    However thanks to the poor scheduling is it any surprise that they show isn't performing upto whatever the required standard, if only it had been promoted in the same manner as Desperate Houswives and LOST.