Nintendo Wii Problems Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by metalgear873, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Ch0pper

Ch0pper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wireless? Is your wireless set to channel 1 or 11?

2. SHPanda

SHPanda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Great news!

3. Red and kitty

Red and kitty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No issues with connectivity and updates but my points that I have registered via the nintendo website are not showing when I connect to the shop with the Wii.

Anyone else had this issue? I only had a .B AP will that make a difference?

4. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I posted this in a separate thread but here it is again:

I set up my Wii yesterday evening to find that Wii Sports wouldn't load up, instead yielding a disc error message. I tried it a couple of times and the same thing happened. The disc drive repeatedly made the same reading sound over and over again and I tried it about three further times. Then, I unplugged the power and moved the console from horizontal to vertical position and plugged it back in again. The next time it worked and I played a quick game of Tennis. Then tried to play a game of Baseball but got the error again. I tried to load the whole game up again but the error just returned.

I don't have any other game to test yet and my GameCube games are US games so I can't test those, either.

Having searched a little bit on Google I found some forums of some Americans discussing the same problem and they've said it's only Wii Sports they've experienced the problem with.

Has anyone else had this difficulty at all? Very annoying to say the least!

5. mutamist

mutamist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I have WiFi problems that I don't seem to be able to solve.

My router (Belkin) is set to channel 11 (tried 1 too) and when I tried to connect I got Error Code: 52730 - Unable to connect to Internet because another device has been set up using the same IP address. Confirm network connection settings and try again.

So, I followed the manual setup instructions on the Nintendo website (here) and I get a similar message now: Error Code: 52731 - Unable to connect to Internet because another device has been set up using the same IP address. Confirm network connection settings and try again.

EDIT: I did a bit of tweaking and now I get a different error Error Code: 52231 - Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later.

Edit #2: - I am now connected and updating as I type! I didn't realise Default Router was Default Gateway so didn't put anything in there - oops! Now let's see what happens!

EDIT 3: - spoke too soon. The updates worked but now I get Error Code: 52730 = Unable to connect to the internet - arghhh!

EDIT 4: - didn't realise I had to specify the connection - connected again! I'll go now, promise!

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Steve

6. adda

adda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    mutamist, i got a belkin too and its been actin well flakey lately. at first the wii found it fine, very straightforward, i didnt need to alter any settings... then it all started goin wrong, not findin an access point, timin out and numerous error codes etc. even lost it on my pc in the end?
    anyway point is rather than titting about with it any longer, i just pressed the little reset button on the back and its came back fine with no messin and is now runnin smoothly. just bought some wii points an about to choose a game :)
    so maybe yours is just a flake like mine? cos it aint supposed to be this difficult.
    good luck anyway!

7. mutamist

mutamist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks adda - if I get any problems, hitting reset will certainly be my first port of call.

Right now I'm stuck surfing the net and reading the paper while the wife watches X-Factor, all I want to do is get the Wii back on and find my Wii code thingy!

8. C225

C225

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    My wii has develpoed a weird problem since the forecast update yesterday. Now at times when either loading games or coming back to the Wii menu from channels the controllers lose sync and refuse to reconnect to the console. The only way to fix it is to remove the power cord wait a minute and reconnect it. Thing is it does it completly randomly as sometimes it works fine and other times it happens.

Anyone else noticed this since the update yesterday or is my console on the way out(please no:rolleyes: )

9. Darbo

Darbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Woke up this morning, turned on the wii for a gander at the weather channel, error 107245, cannot get latest weather update....ok, think i'll try to download the internet channel, nope...error 200004 can't do that either.
    Anyone know whats goin on? it was fine last night.

10. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I had a similar problem, my router was on channel 6 and working fine for a week,
    then one morning it couldn't connect?

I set up an access point on channel 1 to see if it would work and it did,
    so i've now change my router to channel 1 and everything seems ok again.

Bloody annoying though because i've got 2 wireless laptops and a wifi printer which all need to be told of the router's new settings!

What if all my neighbours buy a wii too? i ca already see 1 week signal on channel 1

11. j98

j98

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've had a similar problem with both Wii Sports and Zelda! I haven't got any error messages, but when my Wii was in the upright position it sometimes had difficulty reading the discs. Loading took ages and I could hear the drive clunking away trying to read the disc. Then the system would hang and need to be reset.

It hasn't crashed since I put the console in the horizontal position but I do occasionally notice the drive noise while playing. Is this normal?

12. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Ok here's another strange one I cannot turm my Wii on.:rotfl:

It is in standby mode and showing a yellow status light as I leave it connected to the internet, and the blue light is glowing indicating I have mail.

But no matter what i do I cannot seem to turn it on, very strange as it was fine this afternoon.:mad:

13. Hornet2112

Hornet2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Try unplugging it from the mains for a few minutes, I remember this happening to me and it seemed to fix the problem.

14. kpkiller

kpkiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem - got round the issue by doing a manual sync of the controllers by removing both of the controllers under the remote settings and pressing the Red sync buttons on the controller (under the battery flap) and on the Wii console (under the disc drive).

Since then I have had no further issues - putting it down to a system update or some thing.

15. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Yeah after an extensive search last night I finally found some information on the problem.

Apparently when you enable Wii connect 24 the console remains active even when switched off due to the connect 24 but unfortunately the fans are switched off which leads to the console overheating.

So I unplugged everything let it cool down as it was very hot. It is now all ok and I have disabled connect 24 in the settings.

Thanks for trying to help though much appreciated.:smashin:

16. dazza74

dazza74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,394
    I've had a load of problem with mine even with it horizontal, like you said in particular Wii Sports you know it's not going to work when it's does the disc clicking my normal solution is to reset it and put in Wii Play which seems to fix it then I just reload Wii Sports. Guess I'll have to live with it for at least the time being as I don't think I can get a replacement from Argos at the minute!! I wonder whether the Wii needs to warm up a bit before it works properly I don't seem to get any issues once I get it up and running

17. smashie

smashie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    my tv keeps losing sync when bright flashes appear on the screen, such as a strike in bowling and when you get a perfect in the raving rabbids dance game, i have it all hooked up via official component leads to my hyundai imagequest q321 (which by the way deals with my 360 and htpc outputs of 1366x768 flawlessly!) set to output at 480p and 16:9, have also tried all resolutions and format permutations.. its a real pain!!

18. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I think my Wii has been overheating I also leave Wii connect 24 on.
    But isn't that the idea?
    It's even turned its self off a couple of times during game play.
    Think I'll contact Nintendo to see what the score is or what my options are on getting it replaced or repaired

19. Refused

Refused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    My play time on the wii is only counted the first time i play a game or use a channel. After that it just gets added under others. Is this usual?

20. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Just in time for the holiday weekend my Wii has started crashing repeatedly and I can't get it to read discs. :mad:

I've tried the Wii on it's stand and on it's side and I really don't think it's an overheating issue - I can play VC games for hours with no problem.

Used to get the occasional crash in Wii Sports, usually on a menu change but it's become more and more regular and as of last night it was happening several times an hour.

As a last resort before calling Nintendo I was going to clear the Wii memory. I've backed up all my games to SD, but as Wii Sports uses the Mii-s then am I right in saying that all my saved Sports data will be useless if the Mii-s are bumped with the memory flush?

21. coluigi

coluigi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Not sure about that, but Warioware retains the data if the Miis get lost.

But, you can save Miis to a remote - that may work.

22. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34

It says in the Sport manual that Miis saved to a remote dont have their scores saved - albeit I guess this means if you're playing with them on another Wii.

Do you think that if you can save them to the remote can they be copied back to the Wii so that Sports will match them to the saved game data?

23. coluigi

coluigi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Possibly yes, but in the worst case scenario you get to power through Wii Sports again.

24. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,810
    If I understand correctly from other peoples comments, if sent back to Nintendo they transfer all your data including Mii's over to your replacement console. I can't confirm this but I'm sure I read someone mentioning this previously.

Will merge this thread into the Wii Problems thread, might be worth reading back through that one incase it has been mentioned there already.

25. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, in the manual it states that you have to return your Wii to Nintendo for repair directly, otherwise you'll lose all your saved data, VC games etc.

So I'll phone them on Tuesday for an RA or whatever and we'll start the clock.

Has anyone here already been through this process?

26. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Ok, phoned Nintendo CS this morning starting at 10:10 - 20 minutes of 'number busy, please try again later' & ringing out.

Eventually got through to a pleasant chap who agreed that the console would have to go back to them. He reckoned they'd turn it around in a week, so the clock starts now. There's no Returns number issued, so if you're sure your box is stuffed beyond telephone support I don't see any need to call first.

Boxed up the Wii (console only) with a covering note stating the problems, serial number & proof of purchase. Addressed the label as per the Returns address on the website, adding 'Wii Service Centre' at the top of the label, as the guy said this would speed things along a bit. Took it up to the PO (another 15 mins in queue :( )and sent it Next Day Special Delivery insured for £7.75. Intend to claim this back from Nintendo later.

PS: I also tried emailing Nintendo yesterday while trying to get through on the phone. 27 hours later and still no reply, so I'd forget going down that route...:thumbsdow

^ eventually got a reply to the email (14:20 Thursday), just says what the guy said on the phone, i.e. send it back.

27. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +668
    I went to play on my Wii after about a month of non-use and found that the batteries on both my Wii-motes had expired. Is it normal for them to run down so quickly when the Wii isn't being used?

28. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Although we have 2 remotes, one gets used far more than the other. When the 1st remote's batteries died I switched out the ones in no. 2 but they were dead too, so I guess there must be a drain there (possibly the bluetooth sync?).

Anyway, a good reason for getting rechargeables ;)

29. Ch0pper

Ch0pper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Were the Wiimotes in a drawer or out in the open?

If something is leaning on the buttons it can use up the batteries pretty quickly. They seem to deplete quicker when a nunchuck is plugged in too.

30. Looeewoo

Looeewoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Mine were lying out, nunchucks not plugged in.