Nintendo USB Connector + Blueyonder = Wii not online!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by daftmole, Dec 20, 2006.

1. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    After finally getting the Wii and being very impressed I'm having problems getting it online using the official Nintendo USB Connector. The software is recognising that the wii is trying to access the web and I've granted it permission but it does not state the name of the console (nickname that I selected) I've tried turning of all my firewalls etc and still no luck. I keep getting the error code 51420? Any help would be appreciated!

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You could try updating the Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector software to the latest version, which can be downloaded here.

3. pigdog237

pigdog237

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I thought that wasn't out till Jan/Feb? Oh - do you mean the old DS Wi-Fi dongle thingy, not the new Wii USB ethernet adapter?

Try http://www.wiierror.com/ for explanations of Wii error codes. 51420 doesn't seem to be there though, but found this from http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo...message.id=1087&view=by_date_ascending&page=1...

Problem with a firewall?

Alternatively you may be able to bag yerself a Wireless router from Telewest. I called to cancel my contract to switch to Sky Broadband, at which point they asked me why - I told them it was cheaper and you got a Wireless router. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they offered me a wireless router and reduced my monthly costs. They did mention the wireless routers were very scarce and they were kind of "throwing it in" for me - I think there were "a few" left over from a previous offer, or something? :smashin:

4. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Thanks pigdog237 for the info. I thought the problem was firewall related but my DS went straight on line this morning? Makes no sense!

I use Blueyonders PC guard software and I think this maybe causing the problems even though I have turned of its firewall - I just use Win XP's built in firewall software, with permission set to allow the USB software to connect to the internet.