Nintendo Switch VR

GreasyTopLip

At this stage they'd be stupid to even try it.

Not needed for this console at all imo and vr simple takes a lot of power.
If anything they should just do mobile vr stuff and keep the Switch for games etc

Rizvan

At this stage they'd be stupid to even try it.

Not needed for this console at all imo and vr simple takes a lot of power.
If anything they should just do mobile vr stuff and keep the Switch for games etc

Having had look on YouTube, the most viable and cost effective solution would be to mount the Switch in a VR headset, this would mean it'll be a wireless VR headset compared to its rivals, Nintendo already have the joy-con's for the control devices.

Sounds like a good way forward.

sjw

Anyone who has tried VR on a proper VR headset (including PlayStation VR and even Samsung S7 etc) knows how bad Switch, with its very low resolution, would look.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Seeing as a 1080p phone is deemed a to lower resolution to bother with vr I can't see 720p being a great vr experience. Maybe if they revise the hardware later to the x2 and 1080p screen it may be passable. I'm still not fussed by it anyway.

sjw

Performance will certainly be an issue but as for 'only comparable to smartphone VR', I'm not sure how many currently do VR - but the S7 etc has a resolution of 1440x2560 and you can still clearly see the magnified pixels.
I think the Switch could look pretty horrid displaying VR tbh.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom