Nintendo Switch 'Pile of Shame' ™ - Confess Your Sins Here!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by Qactuar, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Qactuar

Qactuar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,942
    This is a thread for people to confess their sins to their Nintendo Switch 'Pile of Shame' ™ - defined usually as unfinished/in-started games that you

With region hopping and numerous releases landing at a rapid rate recently, I thought this could be quite cathartic for people and allow some tracking of what needs completing.

Thread rules: judge/be judged - it's your call :D

Suggested format (feel free to do whatever suits here):

Game - Media - Comments, e.g.,

"Sonic Mania - Digital - Have only played 4-5 hours and need to go back and get past the half-way point"

Go forth and confess, my children.

2. Qactuar

Qactuar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,942
    Here's a starter for 10:

Sonic Mania – Digital – about halfway through, just haven’t found time to go back (£6 odd from RU eshop)

I Am Setsuna – Digital – tried so hard to enjoy, but hasn’t grabbed me. Maybe one day?

Football Manager – Digital - sunk about 30 hours in, but forgot to go back. Can’t find the time. Recurring theme!

Bulb Boy – Digital – bought to test buying from Mexico eShop. Point and click apparently, not started.

Arms – Physical – bought with good intention and never played more than an hour max. Lent to my neighbour’s two kids.

Hollow Knight – digital – not started ☹

Into the Breach – digital – played a couple of hours and got distracted by Torna

Lumines – Digital – played a few hours, but it was too hot in the summer to wear headphones so forgot about it

Rocket League – Digital – I’m so bad at this, so couldn’t summon courage to invest time. Everyone is so much better than me!

Fifa 18 - Digital – played a few hours, but, Ultimate Team hacked me off and was too fiddly.

Bomberman R – Digital – It’s terrible compared to Bomberman of old.

Wonderboy: The Dragon’s Trap – a couple of hours done, but played other games at the time and forgot to come back

3. PFMC84

PFMC84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Mario Odyssey - 700 odd moons, want to go and get the rest but keep forgetting...
    Zelda BOTW - Want to find all the Korok's and extra outfits but keep forgetting...
    Thimbleweed Park - About halfway through but other games came out and I forgot about it...
    Sonic Mania - I've finished it, and downloaded the DLC but haven't played it! I forgot!
    DKC: Tropical Freeze - I have almost finished World 2, then other games came out and I forgot about it!

The rest of the games I own I've forgotten their names as I don't have the Switch in front of me.

I'm sensing a theme here!

4. Flashy

Flashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Here’s mine, in no particular order. Don’t think I need to worry about what game after Zelda (see other thread) just yet after all...

Super Meat Boy – digital – played it a few times, quickly got hacked off by the difficulty, which I knew was a risk.

Captain Toad – physical – started by not really got into yet.

FIFA 18 – physical – had for ages but only just started a season on manager mode. Enjoying it so far.

Hollow Knight – digital – very early days, just beaten the False Knight and enjoying it, but don’t really know what I’m supposed to do next and the fight-your-one-soul thing when you’ve died is a bit of a pain.

Golf Story – digital – had for ages now, never had the time to properly get into the story element of it but will do.

MK8 – physical – had since getting my Switch (March?), only started a week or two ago and only played through the 50cc cups.

Puyo Puyo Tetris – digital – played a bit. Wanted it for the Puyo element but turns out I’m not as good as I thought I’d be.

The Longest Five Minutes – physical – bought when cheap on Amazon. Just haven’t had a chance to play it.

5. Qactuar

Qactuar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,942
    Whew! Not just me who has a problem :D

6. DJNomad

DJNomad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    No!!! This thread is only going to increase the pile of shame as you remind me of games I want to buy but forgot about (Lumines, I'm looking at you!)

7. bailey1987

bailey1987

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Minecraft - physical - I just can't be bothered
    Mario Odyssey - physical - It's just not galaxy
    Bomberman R - physical -it's awful
    Mario Tennis Aces - physical - I got stuck on adventure mode and haven't been on it since
    Dragon Quest Builders - physical - The last boss destroyed me and I haven't been on it since
    Zelda - physical - great game finished story on master mode just can't be bothered collecting everything
    Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle - physical - I enjoyed it but I forgot about it
    I am Satsuna- Digital - I haven't got the time and the plot bores me

8. Qactuar

Qactuar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,942
    I forgot Enter the Gungeon - digital - really f'n hard and had to walk away

Bastion - digital - just haven't got around to it yet...!!

9. IamMarcoos

IamMarcoos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    All I really seem to play on mine is Mario Kart and Splatoon, both online.

So here goes..

Mario Tennis - gave up on the final boss, way too tedious and rubbish check points.

Zelda - Keep meaning to go back and finish the DLC story stuff, right at the end as well. Once that’s done, can see me not bothering to go back.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - physical - got it in a deal from Argos, Just never got round to starting it. I think as it’s such a massive game it puts me off.

Super Bomberman - cheap in a sale from Russia, Just never got round to starting it. There’s going to be a pattern of this developing..

Wonder Boy - another cheap pick up in a sale, not got round to

Death Squared - yeah cheap in a sale :D got it to play with my girlfriend, we’ve not got round to it

SnipperClips DLC - again something me and the girlfriend haven’t got round to. Probably good as will save a row :D

Sonic Mania - cheap, Russia, really must get back to it. I’ve even got the DLC!

Puyo Puyo Tetris - kinda hit a wall with it. I’m a bit crap at Puyo :(

10. Smokebomb

Smokebomb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Skyrim - after about 10 hours I seem to have abandoned it.

Sonic Mania - about 3/4 of the way through, great game but for some reason I haven’t gone back to it.

Hollow Knight - Bought day one due to all the hype, played for about 8 hours. No matter how hard I try to like it, it’s just not for me. Preferred Axiom Verge.

Bayonetta - another one I just can’t get into. Completed several Devil May Cry games in the past but this one couldn’t hold my attention.

11. The Fuggler

The Fuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    Uh-oh...

Captain Toad - Physical - Yet to unwrap

Zelda - Physical - only about 35 hours in

Overcooked 2 - Digital - played once

Rocket League - Digital - played twice

Mario Rabbids - Phyiscal - World 2

Mario Odyssey - Physical 300ish moons - yet to finish

Etc!

12. sprahttam

sprahttam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Not doing too bad with my backlog this year as I've been taking part in #52gamechallenge via Twitter which has helped motivate me to finish a lot. (Currently on 34 games finished for the year) but I do have a few:

Football manager - digital - put about 80 hours into this in the first couple of weeks of owning before realising it was going to stop me from finishing anything else so stopped and not been back. Will probably buy the next one day one and do the same.

Blossom Tales - digital - bought and not started

Cat Quest - digital - bought and not started

Night in the woods - digital - bought, not started, but this is next on my list

Bastion - digital - bought, not started.

Shantae Half Genie Hero - digital - one of my first switch purchases, not started.

Lego City Undercover - physical - bought this around the time I bought my Switch and not started it still. Will get round to it at some stage. Hopefully.

Dragon Quest Builders - physical - bought this with every intention of playing it. Fired it up then Mrs Sprahttam took it from me and played it for 120 hours (and still going) and after hearing that bloody music from it in the background for that many hours I dont think I can face playing it myself now!

The Mummy demastered - digital - played this for a couple of hours and didn't like it, think I've abandoned this now.

Actually that's worse than I first thought :facepalm:

13. Bossk128

Bossk128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Good, if depressing, game!

Sonic Mania - digital - played 3 times, got to level 2.

ARMS - physical - got to play for single player and at parties, but relegated to playing with the nephews only.

Mario Kart 8D - physical - played to death on WiiU so relegated to relatives/party play only

Snipperclips - digital - played a fair bit co-op but don't get co-op gaming often :(

Mario Rabbids - physical - not played

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane - physical - not played

Overcooked - party play only, don't even know if I can play SP

Bomberman R - physcial - bought for party play only, not played

Fortnite - digital - installed for the nephews, I've never played

Thimbleweed Park - digital - Played for about 2 hours then moved on. I will come back...

Oxenfree - digital - never played

The Sexy Brutale - digital - never played

Fast RMX - digital - played about 3 hours

Streetfighter 2 - physical - played about 1hr. Is good but then they brought out..

Streetfighter 30yr Anniversary - physical - despite the above, not played

Zelda BotW - Digital - Completed the story, bough the DLC and yet to start

Mario Odyssey - physical - completed past Bowser, intend to go back once I've finished other games

Splatoon 2 - physical - nearly completed SP, but play online regularly. Shouldn't really be on this list.....but I suspect it's a symptom! Would like the DLC but resisting due to my PoS.

Xenoblade Chronicles - currently playing, 50% through, but bought the DLC and no intention to play it until I finish another game AFTER I finish XC2....

Probably more I've forgotten.

14. Sanders79

Sanders79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,993
    I am pleased to say I have zero in my pile of shame at the monent for Switch, although I do need to devote some more time to Mario Odyssey. I’ve only bought two games for the machine so far and I bought it at the start of the year :)

My Wii U pile on the other hand... :( So many games! I’m trying to learn from past mistakes!