Nintendo switch general chat

Got the alert Very had stock of the grey standard Switch, but they were all bundles with games so not for me, I watched and the three bundles they had must have sold out in 2 minutes or less!

Last edited by a moderator:
The full fat consoles seem to be difficult to get hold of right now. I assume there's a shortage coming out of China combined with a surge in demand as everyone's at home.

Got the alert Very had stock of the grey standard Switch, but they were all bundles with games so not for me, I watched and the three bundles they had just have sold out in 2 minutes or less!

Game had some yesterday for about 1minute and then all gone and seems to be odd ones appearing but Amazon in Europe seem to have the most stock. Everyone like me is buying them up for their kids :)
Luckily my order from Amazon France is now in Rochester so should be here soon.
Just ordered SD card and controllers etc... and will get a load of digital games when it arrives. Can not wait you see my son’s face (and I can’t wait to play some Mario) :D

So my switch should be arriving tomorrow and I have a quick question(s) :)

I have setup my Nintendo account online but do I need to add my son to the Family Group bit with an account? He will be pretty much the only one using it apart from my odd game of Luigi's Mansion but obviously I will be buying all the games for him and don't want him to be able to purchase anything.

Also the Nintendo online subscription - is that needed or worth it? We won't be playing online but the free NES\SNES games and few others would be cool but not sure it it's worth it just for that.

Again, thanks in advance :)

How do you buy the Switch from France Amazon? I can’t read French hence the question?

Use google translate, if you use the app on your phone it can just use the camera and it will translate it live on your phone screen.

This :)

I just use Chrome and it translates. At the time it was the only place that had any stock so loads of us bought from there. There have been the odd small stock appear on Game and Very but selling out within minutes.

Haha fairly simple then. I’ll have a look later. Thanks guys :D

Is a bit more money especially if you choose Express delivery but I ordered last Friday and it arrived about 30 minutes ago :)
Hopefully it works!

Hmm the Switch has been in stock in several places today but sold out in literally seconds, Argos, Amazon, Nintendo online, all gone in seconds. I think the scammers are pouching the sites to mass buy stock to sell at inflated prices.
I could buy it from Argos but then I’d had to drive 18 miles to the nearest Sainsbury’s with stock where I could get it from. Not exactly an essential drive and can’t imagine explaining it to a Police officer if I was pulled over.

So mine arrived from France, nice bit of kit. Have loaded a load of games on it for the boy for today.
Haven’t tried it on the TV yet but really like the mobile screen, very crisp and colourful.

Have to say the setup and account stuff is a convoluted mess and lack of instructions and general oddity of all the setup is very poor but I guess is expected from Nintendo.
I have my profile and my sons setup on it and he is part of my family group but it doesn’t really show which profile you are using and how to switch them, very odd. If I click I’ve if the profile pictures it just goes to the settings for it and doesn’t really show that it’s switching profiles.

EDIT - ah I found on Google that you can switch users from the main screen, will check it out when I take a look later.

Last edited:
There’s not really much to it. A profile isn’t sign in until you actually launch a game and pick which profile you wish to use. It’s only then you actually show online. Same with eShop, when you launch it, pick the profile you want to sign in with.

Yay got an order in from Curry’s, delivery tomorrow. If you want one better be quick... haven’t received anything from CEX yet though about my Switch Lite I sent them, I did email them and they said it’ll be a week but I suspect more likely 1 to 2.

I plan to pickup some games in the sale, but I want a cool 2D plarformer. I love Guns Gouls and Canolli 1 and 2, and was after something similar. Has anyone got any recommendations.

Hmm the Switch has been in stock in several places today but sold out in literally seconds, Argos, Amazon, Nintendo online, all gone in seconds. I think the scammers are pouching the sites to mass buy stock to sell at inflated prices.
I could buy it from Argos but then I’d had to drive 18 miles to the nearest Sainsbury’s with stock where I could get it from. Not exactly an essential drive and can’t imagine explaining it to a Police officer if I was pulled over.
Yeah same for Ring Fit Adventure, had an email just after 5pm to say Nintendo had stock but when I noticed it around 5:30pm it was already out of stock.

Yeah same for Ring Fit Adventure, had an email just after 5pm to say Nintendo had stock but when I noticed it around 5:30pm it was already out of stock.

Yeah just got to keep checking, I’ve got lucky this morning getting a Switch from Curry’s. I got the stock alert email at 8:29, order placed at 8:47 and it’s now out of stock on there website by 9:20. So just under an hour to sell out is better then it has been.
I actually expected to go to the Curry’s site and see no stock, so perhaps keep an eye on them for a Ring Fit? Or Amazon?

Yeah just got to keep checking, I’ve got lucky this morning getting a Switch from Curry’s. I got the stock alert email at 8:29, order placed at 8:47 and it’s now out of stock on there website by 8:20. So just under an hour to sell out is better then it has been.
I actually expected to go to the Curry’s site and see no stock, so perhaps keep an eye on them for a Ring Fit? Or Amazon?
Yeah been looking everywhere but no joy.
The other half makes you feel all better about the situation when she pipes up and says “Oh Ring Fit Adventure, I was going to get you that for Xmas but changed my mind at the till”

There’s not really much to it. A profile isn’t sign in until you actually launch a game and pick which profile you wish to use. It’s only then you actually show online. Same with eShop, when you launch it, pick the profile you want to sign in with.

Yep found all that now, seems ok and luckily my 5yr son seems to be fine with it.
Just tried a bit of Mariokart and Mario Party, sooo much fun. Just want want play it all day but better at least see some sunlight :)

Almost tempted to but a Switch lite as well...

Yep found all that now, seems ok and luckily my 5yr son seems to be fine with it.
Just tried a bit of Mariokart and Mario Party, sooo much fun. Just want want play it all day but better at least see some sunlight :)

Almost tempted to but a Switch lite as well...
I bought myself a Switch Lite after watching my son on Mario Odyssey and BOTW. Quite fancied a go myself but rarely get time in front of the TV. Thought the Lite would get little use but I'm loving it. I'm 47. :cool:

I bought myself a Switch Lite after watching my son on Mario Odyssey and BOTW. Quite fancied a go myself but rarely get time in front of the TV. Thought the Lite would get little use but I'm loving it. I'm 47. :cool:

Nintendo has certainly filled a hole in the market with the normal Switch and the lite. All age groups and PC gamers seem to certainly love it. The games they offer are fantastic.

I’m not a big handheld gamer not but torn. I like the idea but would prefer my son to have the lite and I’ll have the TV :)
Shame you can stream it up a TV. Does the lite still support extra controllers for local multiplayer?

I’m not a big handheld gamer not but torn. I like the idea but would prefer my son to have the lite and I’ll have the TV :)
Shame you can stream it up a TV. Does the lite still support extra controllers for local multiplayer?

Yes the Lite supports extra Joycons or the Pro controller from Nintendo, plus there’s a fair few aftermarket ones made for it like the ones that look like mini Lites for example:

And:

Update 10.0.0 has been released. Few handy features, such as being able to move data, game, saves and dlc between internal and SD memory

Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.

• A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
  • An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
  • News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.

Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.

• Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
  • Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.

Added an option to remap the controller buttons.

• Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
  • Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
    • Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
    • Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
    • This feature is not available for other controllers.
    • On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.

Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.

• The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.

Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.

• Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Hello People,

Is the Animal crossing (Full) switch bundle ever going to come back in stock or was it a limited edition and OOP now?
Anyone know whether Currys sold this bundle or likely to have it back in stock?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom