Nintendo Switch dead pixels reported. Have you got them?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Where is the BBC sourcing "thousands" from.

Anyhow, I have no stuck pixels or issues with the screen. It is a lovely screen.

You know, when you see a non-story like this on the BBC you start to think that maybe Donald is right about fake news.

no issues with my screen

Is there really any need for this to have its own thread or is it just search engine click bait? Threads have been closed as there is already an "issues" thread

And to answer your question, no

You know, when you see a non-story like this on the BBC you start to think that maybe Donald is right about fake news.

It is not fake news if people are reporting it bud. Agree the numbers could be over exaggerated. Using Donald Trump is not the best of examples of someone who is right about fake news, he has an apt for it himself.

It is not fake news if people are reporting it bud. Agree the numbers could be over exaggerated.

If the numbers are exaggerated then the story is factually incorrect. If it was a story in the Daily Fail I couldn't give a toss, but in the news service that my license fee pays for I expect better.

If the numbers are exaggerated then the story is factually incorrect. If it was a story in the Daily Fail I couldn't give a toss, but in the news service that my license fee pays for I expect better.

If people are reporting that their Switch screen has dead pixels, then what they are reporting that is factual. What they are doing though is misleading the facts by exaggerating the numbers.

@addyb any chance this one can be closed or merged with the Issues thread. The other one was closed so doesnt make sense to have this one open too?

Off topic slightly, I hate how manufactures say you can have a few dead pixels and not do anything about it.
I would love to repay the favour and lay a patio for them and leave a few slabs out, then have great pleasure in sayings it's ok, only natural to have a few missing!

Off topic slightly, I hate how manufactures say you can have a few dead pixels and not do anything about it.
I would love to repay the favour and lay a patio for them and leave a few slabs out, then have great pleasure in sayings it's ok, only natural to have a few missing!

If you were laying a million paving slabs in an area the size of a six inch screen would they notice? ;)

Nothing to report here. First thing I checked when it arrived on Friday.

regarding the dead pixel issue, Nintendo had a similar stance when the DS came out but did eventually relent when enough people were vocal about it and swapped/fixed machines under the warranty. Maybe they will do the same here

Nope. Screen is way above my expectations for a Nintendo product.

I think this is a bogus issue. At least one person here would have it otherwise.

Is there really any need for this to have its own thread or is it just search engine click bait? Threads have been closed as there is already an "issues" thread

And to answer your question, no
Yes. If this captures search engine traffic then that's a good thing because the quality of (most of) the posts in here will reflect the situation of Switch owners.
The "issues" thread is not going to help people with specific issues. Big threads with ambiguous titles are not as useful as smaller threads addressing more specific subjects.

you'd get more traffic by posting a new thread about 'Nintendo switch sales'

The Dead pixel story is pretty small in comparison.

The switch is big news ATM

No dead pixels here :)

None that these old eyes can see! :laugh:

None here that I have seen either.

Yes. If this captures search engine traffic then that's a good thing because the quality of (most of) the posts in here will reflect the situation of Switch owners.
The "issues" thread is not going to help people with specific issues. Big threads with ambiguous titles are not as useful as smaller threads addressing more specific subjects.
If it's all about the hits you should bang up a 'Naked chick uses Switch' thread. Should get you plenty of that traffic you desire. :p

Couldn't think of anything worse than a forum full of very similar threads that could easily be covered by a single 'issues' thread. With similar threads already being closed I'm guessing the mods agree.

Out of interest have you got a Switch? With this issue? Or was it purely just created to get the traffic in on a trending topic?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom