Nintendo Switch Accessories

I've gone a bit crazy and purchased quite a few games now so looking at getting a case for the cartridges.

Looking at the Hori one but any other suggestions?

Amazon product ASIN B01NASY99Z
Some reviews about it being hard to pull the cartridges out worries me but I'm sure it would be fine.
Can't offer an alternative but maybe keeping a guitar pick in with the games would be good for getting the carts out.

I've gone a bit crazy and purchased quite a few games now so looking at getting a case for the cartridges.

Looking at the Hori one but any other suggestions?

Amazon product ASIN B01NASY99Z
Some reviews about it being hard to pull the cartridges out worries me but I'm sure it would be fine.

I have this one mate, works well and is a good size, as in not too big. The carts at the edges of 'page1' and 'page 3' take a bit more of a pull to get out than the others, but the carts are held in well so a small trade off for that i think.

There is no branding on it but i think it is a Hori one too.

IMG_2828.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

Sorry Gary, might of led you up the garden path. It looks like it's unavailable anymore as i can't find the exact one anywhere. This looks similar though:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I did see that when I had a look around ebay, but wasnt sure on the quality.

My thinking was may as well pay the extra £1.50 to get an official branded one 😅

The Monster Hunter Pro Controller is available for pre order.

Very tempted but hard to justify.

Anybody had any experience with the Hori Wireless Horipad? Might pick the Zelda one as a compromise, though I heard the shoulder triggers are a bit crap.

The Monster Hunter Pro Controller is available for pre order.

Very tempted but hard to justify.

Anybody had any experience with the Hori Wireless Horipad? Might pick the Zelda one as a compromise, though I heard the shoulder triggers are a bit crap.
The fake pro controllers on eBay are a safe bet in my opinion. I use one for my eldest as he's a bit clumsy :) rock solid and does well, apart from turning the switch on (only official do this) and NFC aren't present. Gyro and vibrate fine. About £20 a pop.

The fake pro controllers on eBay are a safe bet in my opinion. I use one for my eldest as he's a bit clumsy :) rock solid and does well, apart from turning the switch on (only official do this) and NFC aren't present. Gyro and vibrate fine. About £20 a pop.
Thanks for the suggestion, though to be honest I don't mind paying for the piece of mind of a branded controller, and I do like the themed ones with the official artwork etc. It's just £70 for the Monster Hunter is a bit much when I already own two official pro controllers.

I actually have the Xenoblade controller which is the nicest controller or accessory I've even owned, so much so I barely use it now so as not to wear it out.

Thanks for the suggestion, though to be honest I don't mind paying for the piece of mind of a branded controller, and I do like the themed ones with the official artwork etc. It's just £70 for the Monster Hunter is a bit much when I already own two official pro controllers.

I actually have the Xenoblade controller which is the nicest controller or accessory I've even owned, so much so I barely use it now so as not to wear it out.
Honestly they're so good quality it's amazing really, but even if you're preferring other options, it's worth noting on thread either way!

Any recommendations for a USB-C/USB-A power delivery charger? My one broke and Amazon don't stock any of the manufacturer's products (RavPower) any more due to dubious review practices.

I've been researching on Amazon but I'm seeing poor reviews on quality and product breakdowns between weeks and first couple of months.

I'm thinking of going with Anker as they seem one of the more trusted brands.

I'd go with Anker bud, just got off a 10 hour flight this week with an anker keeping me topped up.

Any recommendations for a USB-C/USB-A power delivery charger? My one broke and Amazon don't stock any of the manufacturer's products (RavPower) any more due to dubious review practices.

I've been researching on Amazon but I'm seeing poor reviews on quality and product breakdowns between weeks and first couple of months.

I'm thinking of going with Anker as they seem one of the more trusted brands.
I’d go Anker also, decent brand.

I also feel your pain on the reviews it’s a pain trying to pick anything that is a product with many brands for the same item, you always get people slating it and others praising it. It’s a mine field.

Last edited:
Anker makes the OFFICIAL Nintendo Switch power bank, so yes definitely one from them will be absolutely fine.
Amazon product ASIN B07FP4N96G
You’re paying a premium for the Switch branding though, so go for one of their plain ones, but make sure it says ‘Power delivery’ if you want to fast charge USB-C to USB-C.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom