1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo revolution updates

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Arkham Insane, May 11, 2005.

1. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    any revolution updates anyone? i've heard rumours from a supposedly inside man that the new nintendo console will come with head sets as standard and feature voice recognition control far beyond anything we have today. Also, there might be a pressure pad on the controller so the harder you squeeze the more response you get. Seems cool as long as all the normal controllor options are there too. I think the 3D thing has been scrapped. It's also said to have free online gaming where you get connected to this site that you can download new game trailers from or even new games, also the main 'revolution' is still under wraps, but knowing nintendo it could be anything from eye retina access to virtual reality gaming :D , come on nintendo, whats the revolution?

2. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yes, free online for DS & Revolution using gamespy tech, specs are said to be about the same as XBOX360 with an added physics processor, apart from that no new news till next week me old matey

3. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    cheers for the info guys, cant wait until E3!!

5. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i thought the revolution was going to be released before the ps3, if this article is correct then its a pity it isnt as nintendo might lose potential newcomers to the already out xbox360 and ps3, it needs to come before the ps3 to make an impact. Unless of course its just so amazing that all the eager buyers abandon their newly bought consoles and turn to nintendo.

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nintendo never give anything away until the official unveiling, as said above the only thing they said was it would be able to compete power wise with the XBOX2 and PS3 what the revolutiony aspect is anyones guess.

7. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Bit of new news,

Apparently the Revolution will be running 4 x 2.5Ghz IBM PowerPC G5 Processors, more news as it comes

8. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    check out the latest news on revolution and ds online , sounds like square enix are ready for some online titles, let nintendo get a few square titles for the revo and they are set I tell ya

9. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    And I thought 3 x 3.2 GHz CPU's for the 360 was overkill! :D

10. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    It also seems like the Revolution will feature full-sized DVDs this time, and will apparently be no bigger than the Mac mini.

See here

E3 is looking more interesting by the minute!

11. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I think IGN got that one wrong, nintendo said it would be around the same width (height?) as three DVD cases, which, is about the same as xbox 360 then?

12. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    4x2.5 GHz processors, thats crazy, i am really looking forward to E3 now. also i agree with snake that the nintendo needs some good launch titles to compete properly. mario 128 should be the headliner, shortly followed by a revolution zelda but i think it needs some titles that would appeal to people that are not familiar with nintendo too, like the titles that will come out on the ps3 and 360.

13. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Getting back support from Square is a big step for Nintendo considering square said about 10 years ago that they'd never make a game for a Nintendo machine again, hopefully this will mean that Revolution will have ome RPG goodness

14. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Ok, so the XBOX 360, (forgetting the MTV even for now), and PS3 will be unvelied Monday before E3. What about the Rev. I had heard a rumour that the Rev may be a no show. Perhaps vids only!? :confused:

15. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    They will be showing the games for it but probably not the hardware or controller

16. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Any news on the GPU? They say xb360 is far more powerful than 850xtpe.
    I hope revo GPU is insanely powerful......That would be NICE.

17. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    cant find much info on the GPU except that ATI are doing it again. but i do agree, if it is insanely powerful it would indeed be...nice! lol :D

18. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i'm gonna go out on a limb here; I think this maybe a fake :rolleyes:. But tell me, is this not the greatest ever fan-made mockup? :D Looks like whoever made this put some real effort into it. Bravo :clap:

Gentlemen I give you...... Nintendo ON :smashin: :
    http://onefed.com/media/NintendoON.wmv

19. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    yeah that is very good for a homebrew video

20. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    looks like a frigging crash helmet

21. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    was it me or was it hoovering the carpet for a while too, wow that would be some revolution. with an add on microwave to cook while you play without getting up.

ign have a 'crude' mock up of the revo size based on the 3 dvd thickness and horizontal layout, its put next to the cube, looks tiny.

22. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=9594f668-5342-4b38-8eb1-d6bf479c4139&page=other

12 cm optical... how large is that and how does the size compare to other consoles? "Nintendo's smallest home game console yet".. and I thought my Gamecube was tiny!

I´m a huge Nintendo fan and I´ll be VERY disapointed if they don´t have all games in at least 720p(1080p would be killer) 5.1.

Holy crap!! That video clips is friggin amazing! From the specs on nintendo.com the size doesn´t fit does it? So if this is done my some dude then he has serious mental problems.

23. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I dont know fellas! that video doesnt look like the sort of thing amatures would make up.
    It looks like the sort of video they would show at E3.

They ideas represented on that video certainly would be a revolution!

Still, cant see me runing arround my room without triping over the bloody thing!

If nintendo dont do something like that then i dont see any revolution in gaming.

I mean cmon. You talk about the machine being as small as a couple of CD boxes? That it can stand vertical or horizontal and fits with the rest of your home theater?

It sounds like any other plain old console!

How on earth would that be a revolution?

THINK about it. Both Sony and MS are batteling it out for that very position in your living room. Do you honestly think Nintendo would even bother?

24. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613493p1.html

Pure class :rotfl:

If it were real though I think it would be a brilliant way to unveil the system. Most seem to think it's fake because it's almost too revolutionary (amongst other reasons). Think about it, Nintendo just leak this vid on the net and everyone brushes it of as bo**oks but the closer it gets to E3 more info is leaked that it may actually be the real deal but still everyone's thinks "nah, it can't be real, can it?".
    E3 comes round and bang, PS3 revealed and more 360 news while Nintendo calmly reveal this crash helmet thing and confirm that yes, it's all true and everything else (3 DVD cases tall, squeezy pads etc) were red herrings :D !

If that were the case then hats off to the N, I still think it is fake though.

Also the Gamecube didn't come out in 2002 did it? I thought it was 2001? Nope definitely a fake IMO

25. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    all this hardware spec news is great but we still don't know what is so "revolutionary". nintendo have said it will be different + revolution won't just be about flash graphics. I mean, lets be honest, that should be expected + standard right?

26. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229

Exactly. If all they do is release another console like the Cube to battle against Sony and MS in the next round of consoles, its hardly going to be a revolution!

It really does need to be something new otherwise Nintendo will loose even more ground to Sony and MS.

They need to create their own unique market where they can dominate!

After all, 3's a crowd!

27. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    The size thing is not speculation on the part on journalists or "rumours" from people who may or may not be involved in game development - it was a statement from Perrin Kaplan, NoA's VP of corporate affairs. It's true, Nintendo are very cagey about what info they release, but the morsels that they do let out to the public are very rarely untrue.

The "revolutionary" aspect of the console probably won't be revealed until either Monday (likely I would say) or later this year.

Nintendo are a company that's generally been very difficult to second guess, so the only thing to do is wait and see.

28. PiePie

PiePie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so according to that pretentious video the new console will look like a rejected costume helmet from power rangers gigadeluxeultraprovwithbozwellox and will play 6million versions of Mario 64 in a 90s style virtual reality environment?

And you're expected to play with this by running round your room with that radar feature? How is that meant to work unless you have a large room?

I'm glad the video is a joke.

29. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gota say whoever made that is seriously talented

What a great video :)

30. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well the VR headset looks fantastic. But although the technology is available it would cost is in the thousands for them to make any money on it. So i think we can assume its a fake for sure. It would be impossible to retail a system like that at a price that would actually sell.

However it they pull something like that off I will buy one for sure. I just think people are going to be very disappointed when they see Gamemcube 2. Nintendo have never been at the cutting edge of technology with their consoles at the "Budget" end of the spectrum.

Sorry thats just how I see it. I think some of the official specs circulating are suggesting a more competetive system this time but certainly not Revolutionary as that video would suggest. Its all intersting stuff though I am so excited about all these new systems being released, Are people going to be able to wait until mid -late 2006 for the PS3 & Revolution when the 360 is available in Novemeber ???? I doubt it the PS 2 looked badly dated when the Xbox was released what will it look like when the 360 is available ? Scary really.