1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo rev will come in 5 colors.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by oxygenuk, May 31, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    nintendo revolution will come in 5 colors to choose from, black white and silver and 2 more, ill let you click the link to know the other 2 colors ;).

this for all of you afraid that black one wont match all your silver or all your white :D

link: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000843043751/ (silver one for me plz :devil: )

thoughts, comments...

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    That picture's been around since E3, unfortunately none of it has actually been properly confirmed yet as the unit is still nearer concept than production. :)

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yep sure has, but seen a few people posting in some threads saying they wont get a revo because its black, or something silly like that :rotfl:.

4. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +587
    They probably would have said the same thing when Henry Ford launched the Model T......

However, back on topic, it's good to see the consoles are getting launched in decent colours instead of having to wait for the 'special editions'

RDB :)

5. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    And according to a source in MCV (trade mag), the Rev won't launch in Europe till Spring 2007!! That's like 2 years away!! I can't wait that long!!

Seems that the console with launch in the US first (!), in Nov 2006, and Japan shortly afterwards. Well, seems like I'll be getting a US one then!!

Anyone know a site doing really advanced pre-orders? :)

6. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    There'll be 5 colours to choose from and they are:

1) "Can't be bothered to promote it" standard colour
    2) "Deserted by developers" alternative colour
    3) "Only one decent adult game release per year" SE colour
    4) "Underpowered cf: competition" Xmas release
    and lastly....
    5) "Let's leave it to Xbox and PlayStation to duke it out" Anniversary colours.

:D

PS seriously though, would be interesting to see how all three would stack up against one another in "looks in the front room" department. I reckon the "Apple-esque" white revolution looks the most svelte, follwed by the whit-ish xbox 360, and lastly the hulking silver ps3

7. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The GC was released in black and purple with the platinum version coming out afterwards. Unfortunately Europe didn't get the other exciting colours were available and the UK doesn't even have 4 different coloured official joypads available! :)

8. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I find it weird that they might be able to tell you which colours that it will be in, but yet its not out for another 18 months.... if I was wanting to buy one Id shut up and stop dangling all these juicy details and just concentrate on delivering a console.

Sky HD will be out a long time before the Revolution at this rate..

9. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    All of these colours are still speculative. Nintendo made a set of different coloured prototypes for E3, but they pointed out that nothing is decided yet. Iwata-san even made a comment to the assembled journos that they could ask their readers which colours they might fancy, and report back to Nintendo.

10. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    mcv is a very poor source, the latest we'll get the rev would be late 2006 at the latest! ive been doing my research u see, you canh preorder a xbox 1.5 for £400 from play.com :rotfl:,

11. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Ah so thats the revolution eh lots of colours. As though that'll make it more enticing to joe public. To be honest the revo is already the best looker, but there milking their only plus point a bit with multi colours.However the 360 has customisable fascia, which will enable lots of different colours without having to buy the same console twice. But who cares about colours i'll just buy whichever one comes first, and as for customisable fascia, i'll leave that for the girlies.