Nintendo recall ALL Wii Controllers!

Looking at the strap recall on the US Site (it isn't on the Europe site yet) it seems like you just provide your details and how many straps you want and they will send them to you.

So you don't need to return the controllers - maybe the title of this thread should be changed.

A hole in your (beautiful) TV might also be a bit expensive.:D
I had to buy a new TV because the old living room one was so antiquated it didn't even have a scart socket. (It was a freebie - and supposed to be just an interim one whilst we shopped around fora good one - a year later...)

I can also attest how excited you can get playing on the Wii. Arms flailing madly and everywhere - just imagine if you got a whole group of people playing Tennis maybe. :)

So, I'll definitely be trading in my controllers but not as yet - like you, KlaatuNinja, I want to be playing my Wii through the Christmas holidays.

Just saw Retrospek's post - Cool! Just going to be vewy, vewy careful until I get them :)

Looking at the strap recall on the US Site (it isn't on the Europe site yet) it seems like you just provide your details and how many straps you want and they will send them to you.

So you don't need to return the controllers - maybe the title of this thread should be changed.

Well that seems to be the common sense method way to approach it! They are not touching my remotes before xmas! :D

UK controllers that came with the Wii already have the new strap, mine has anyway. The one that came with Wii Play has the old one.

Sending new straps is surely the only logical thing they can do. At least they are acknowledging the fact that the strap is poor.

mine are identical

They are very similar you have to look carefully to see the difference, maybe some Wii's came with the old strap or some Play's came with the new strap.

If all controllers that you own look the same it might be hard to tell. However, I have one thick and one thin (from Wii Play), so obviously I should ask for 1 replacement.

I don't believe anyone in the UK recevied a UK supplied Wii with the old strap. It seems to be the extra remotes and Wii Play that have the issue.

Jonathan

My Wii Play remote has the thinner strap. Any news on Nintendo UK sending out replacement straps ?

mine both look the same.

with the amount of danger and warning signs nintendo used youd think people would be more careful. oh well its more publicity to nintendo :thumbsup:

The straps on my remotes received with the console and Wii Play are both the old ones. The stap my brother got with his console though is a new one.

Seems like a bit of a lottery.

The Wii is the perfect party toy now though, party equals drink, drink equals inhabitions, inhabitions equal jumping round like fool = broken LCD screen.

The wiiMote that came with my Wii has the thin strap, and I have 2 Wii Play WiiMotes - one with the thicker strap the other with the thinner one.

Okay....so even some of the UK Wiis have the old strap. If I didn't have the two alongside each other I would find it hard to tell by looking at the picture.

Jonathan

Wii Console from Argus came with thick strap.
Wii Play from Game came with thin strap.

I'll make sure my guests get the one with the thick strap for now!

I could do with a new telly. I'll pass the thinner strapped controller to guests for them to play :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom