1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo megaton ???

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by snake II, Dec 2, 2002.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i been on many sites aorund many nintendo related and not such as www.cube-europe.com and some sites such as gamespot.com and many forums have stated that nintendo will file a lawsuit regarding the playstation name as it was originated from the snes cd rom that sony and nintendo were working on,
    another says that sont have the rights to keep the playstation brand but they will have to have online games which will be connected via the expansion bay to the gamecube port 2 or what ever to introduce what sony and nintendo broke ages ago during snes days.
    others say its a new company being bought into second developer to nintendo and online games, also lastly i seen many pictures on the sites saying the nintendo diffrence with blured pictures and when, the site owner cleared it with some thing the pictures are of sonic, megaman and mario but who knows what nintendo will announce this monthanyone else have their own opions,
    i think that nintendo has bough or merged with some companies

2. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The whole thing is a big internet rumour I'm afraid. Check out the edge forums for the low down.

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah something is definately going to happen and very soon as it is meant to be this month what it is nobody knows but something will happen believe me :)

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Nintendos Megatron is a new and improved Virtual Boy - it plugs straight into your eye sockets (the visual graphics are meant to be superb) It come with a mini power drill which you use to drill into your inner ear you then attach the special sound equipment.
    The best news is that it runs without the need of a power outlet or Batteries - You just insert the power adapter into your Anus.
    Nintendo say you should get at least 12 hours of gaming a day - They dont recommend you leave it inserted for longer than 12 hours as it may cause damage.

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool i wanna get me one of those :)
    but i have the feeling it will be something a little bit better, at a recent press conference Sony actually dissed Nintendo either they are getting scared with sales of tha gamecube catching the PS2 (In Japan) or this rumour of legal action might be true :)

6. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    from doing some research i have come to the conclsion that this so called megaton is no rumor, the reason why you say, well because if you remember b4 the launch of the cube, nintendo said''this will be the year of the cube with its great games and future'' now so far we have seen quite frankly s*it from nintendo with a few exception, the sales are doing very well and stady world wide, but they are losing publicity and consumers.
    so i think nintendo will only release this megaton when they feel it is the right time.
    Now sony dissing nintendo for saying that this generation is the ''playstation'' no one will remember the famicom and super famicom days, hold on a seconda why does sony say this when nintendo and sega consoles at that time were both great each with is positive titles of software, well the reason sony mentioned nintendo is because they hate them for being so called''dissed by nintendo'' back in the days to produce a console together as sony says. but i think spny might know something about this lawsuit rumor, we will have to wait and see, coz if its true and goes nintendo's way then sony can say good bye to there famous console success for the future, as developers will start t develop more for the ps3 and if nintendo own the ps franchise this will mean good sales as sony is currently doing.

7. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but this MEGATON thing is not real. It is a rumour that got out of hand. There is no amazing anouncement that is going to turn around the fortunes of Nintendo.

8. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No your oppinion is that theres no way you can know for sure unless you work very high up at Nintendo so please say its your oppionion next time

Nintendo certainly dont need there fortunes changed but anything to help is a bonus in Japan the Gamebit advance is selling 150,000 units a week the game cube around 40,000 there certainly aint short of money considering they make profit from every sale unlike some console makers

9. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly my point, no one who's posted here is high up in Nintendo. Nintendo have never once said anything about Megaton therefore it is pure speculation and should be treated as such. Not banded about as if it were fact.

Its like me saying there are no such thing as Aliens and you turning around and saying how would I know as I don't work in Area 51 or something.

10. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This came up a few months ago. People were saying Nintendo is on the verge of some massive announcement that will revolutionize the gaming industry... and they said nothing.

I expect this is exactly the same... nothing.

11. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone high up at Nintendo ever say rare was going to be sold? NO every nintendo press conference said Rare is with Nintendo and will stay with Nintendo but rumours were HUGE and it turned out to be true, so theres no reason this announcement won't happen :)

Rare was not negative to nintendo if it was they did not have to sell they owned half of the company, For Nintendo all that money was positive.

and to Azrikam thats because it was a few months back that something was said about a big annoncement at the END OF THE YEAR from someone at nintendo

12. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh, companies try to keep quiet about negative things and our boastful and open about positive developments. Well, lets see what the future holds....

13. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    What an intriging post. Hope something's happening because videogames are in a bit of a rut creatively at the moment. Having played games since the Spectrum days I want something new, not just better graphics and sound.

Just my tuppence worth.

RDB :)

14. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    The problem here is that Nintendo have never made any announcement about any possible announcement. This Megaton rumour was started by the Japanese V Jump magazine back in October:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1033593927,70724,

As its supposed to get GCs flying off the shelves I would have thought that considering Xmas is the biggest selling period for consoles then they have left it a bit late. The forums have been awash with this for the last couple of weeks with reports of the possiblibility of taking Sony to court, new hardware or simultaneous world wide releases of new software. If there was anything going to happen, wouldn't it be more profitable to have it happen before Xmas (and I dont mean 2 days before - as some have had the announcement pegged from the 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 12th and 23rd).

I would have loved to have had something from Nintendo, I'm not a fanboy but I am a fan of their consoles and games but as such have to realise that once again they are going to crap all over Europe with their releases.

As much as I would like there to be some big news I'm afraid its all rubbish.

I:( :(

15. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you mean crap all over Europe you mean as in the delayed release dates? unfortunately this will always happen it takes time to convert a game and i am sure you wouls agree you would rather wait longer and get a full speed full screen conversion. If you dont want to wait get a U.S machine there cheaper games are cheaper and you get them early, i have been playing metroid for 1 week and it is the best game i ever played :)

16. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Why aren't the games developed side by side? Europe has always been treated as less important than Japan and the US - odd considering how many developers are based here.

Cant remember where I ead it but at least it looks as though some future releases may come out a bit sooner thanks to a team in one one ofthe 'Benelux' will belloking at doing the PAL coversions from the Japanese releases and not the US ones....have to go and dig out that report.

As for you asking if I dont want to wait then get an import machine then I would say your answering the argument for me. Why should I have to buy an import machine to play the games that other regions can get. The manufacturers aren't exactly enamoured with the idea of imports and have tried to block importers a number of times. Yes, I would like to play them as soon as they are released but I shouldn't have to trawl through the grey import market for the privilege. Isn't that an example of how European gamers are treated third rate?:(

17. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, maybe they're releasing the Power Glove for the Gamecube! Now that would be a big announcement!

Seriously, it's pointless to speculate with zero information. They might be announcing that they are giving up video games to develop action figures full time for all we know. I'll believe that an announcement is coming when I hear one, and not before.

18. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Thats what I've said - there is no point speculating 'cos there is no announcement. Its rumour getting out of hand!:(

19. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You want to hear an out of hand rumour? Check this one out:

Microsoft to Buy Sega

Personally, I think it's a crock, but at least it's a rumour with enough details to argue about. :)

20. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL your on about us with the Nintendo rumour that sega rumour has been about since the x box launched Sega already turned down a buyout attempt months ago, sega can make much more money multi console and with x box been outsold by PS1 in japan it makes no sense as alot of Segas francisises are big in japan and would never get to gamers

21. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I said it was crap, but it's got at least as much basis in fact as your Nintendo rumours.... zero.

22. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, this Megaton thing is really interesting. Not because I want to know what it is, but as its obviously rubbish, but some people are clinging to it in a desperate way. The Gamecube has been a disapointment so its like a magic formula that will suddenly make Nintendo exciting again.

23. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have just showed how little you know about the game industry with that little statement.
    Nintendo have sold 800,000 more gamecubes that the X Box in Japan there weekly sales are now matching PS2 unit for unit. There U.S sales are extremely close to X Box and for the WHOLE of europe the gamecube has sold more than X Box. Now that on its own is fantastic for Nintendo, now take into account that the gamecube makes Nintendo a nice profit per console where the X Box makes MS a nice loss for every console (also PS2 is sold at a small loss) now who do you think has been more successful so far? it does not take a genius to know Nintendo is making a terrific sum of money from the gamecube. And after all in business its about making money NOT about selling more than the competition, grow up and dont make stupid comments like that

24. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sheesh, if you're that worried about your stock in Nintendo, sell it. That is why you're so defensive about criticism of them, isn't it? Or are you an employee, who is worried about losing his job?

Dude, you can be sure that Nintendo will not be cutting you a check for your loyalty to their console, regardless of their "terrific sum of money" they are earning.

You're the one who is talking about sales figures. KRRK just said that the console was a disappointment. Regardless of how well the system may be selling wherever, I think we can all agree that the success of the Gamecube can be considered a disappointment as far as Nintendo are concerned.

25. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL you are way out you obviously dont know what you are talking about, and i am sure you are completely on your own when saying that the gamecube is a HUGE SUCCESS compared to the N64 and i mean massive the N64 never had the sort of hype or game compaies backing it that the gamecube had Nintendo has the best 2nd party support of any console more exclusives than the PS2 or XBOX, Nintendo have got it right for a change and its great to see, they are even learning about hyping there products now anyone seen the adverts for Zelda and Metroid in the U.K? not released til next year but Nintendo are making sure everyone knows about them. its fantastic i am a happy cube owner and i am very pleased i picked the best of the bunch :)

Oh can i just add i did talk about sales figures in my last post yes and that was to prove what a massive success the gamecube is interms of money its making ninteno worldwide they have sold more than the X Box which means massive profits BUT what i mean is they dont have to sell more to make massive profits as they gain from every sale

26. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    if the gamecube was a dissapointment which it isnt it would not have good 3rd party titles coming up for it such as hitman2, colin mcrae 3, splinter cell, ghost recon,batman dark tommorow,and more ea sport range titles, this console is getting more range of games from younger to adult themed so it is no dissapointment in my mind
    this is a good console compared to ps2 i would say it is the same the ps2 has lots of games some are crap some are good, the gameucbe has less games which have quality, i think its because of nintendo moto '''quality over quantity'' dont get me wrong i am no fan boy just like consoles

27. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad you like the console, and I'm sure the games are great.

The simple fact of the matter is... the sales of the Gamecube are disappointing to Nintendo. It doesn't matter that they are making money on the system or not. They had hoped to do much better. Believe it or not, that doesn't take away from the game... it's just marketing!

If it makes it easier for you to listen to reason, the XBox is a big disappointment to Microsoft as well.

28. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but you are the only person that thinks sales are disapointing including Nintendo, and obviously including all the great companies like capcom that are supporting the cube more than anything its a great success and it can only get better

29. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Well Sega have stopped producing sports games for it as the sales are poor. Mind you the 2K series does not sell a huge deal anyway.

30. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thats true but in fairness Sega sports games have never sold that well when people think sport on any console they think EA sports, sega are know for there sonic, shenmue, PSO etc.
    Capcom announcing those 5 EXCLUSIVE titles shows that they have faith in the gamecube and are happy with the current sales figures as that is an extra from the already exclusive resident evil series, as i said in a previous post Gamecube has the best lineup of exclusives on any console