1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NINTENDO DS now shipping

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by thxultra73, Nov 21, 2004.

1. thxultra73

thxultra73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    If you ordered a DS from importmadness.com like me, then you may have an e-mail saying its been shipped. Mine was shipped about 9pm on saturday 20th November so im not sure what time that is in Canada where they are based.If you ordered yours before October 7th(the day i purchased mine) then i reckon yours would have shipped too.The promotion they were offering was free FED-EX 2 day delivery if you bought regular airmail,but this was not mentioned in the e-mail as they would normally give you a tracking number for your parcel,i suppose i will find out on monday/tuesday.Only bad thing was none of the games i ordered have shipped.Try www.videogamesplus.com as they have spiderman2/sims/madden in stock and they ship within about 3 hours of ordering,spidey 2 cost me about £23 inc' postage.Declan Hughes :clap:

2. incywincy

incywincy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, thanks for the post :thumbsup:

I was going to order from Import Madness but didn't in the end because I was worried about the import tax with Fedex shipping.

Instead I have ordered from DVD Box Office, Video Games Plus and Lik-Sang (I will see which one ships first and then cancel the others).

It would be interesting to know when you get yours whether or not you get stung for tax with Fedex. Let me know when you get it and I might change my mind and order with Import Madness.

:D

3. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm thinking of getting one of these for my boy for Christmas. How would the recharging work here with 240V Power? What's the ETA for sgenuine UK models?

[Edit] Found out that apparantly the standard UK Charger for the SP will work for it so have ordered from Canada:).

I really don't know ANYTHING about handhelds (or consoles for that matter) and I've ordered Mario64DS and Spiderman2DS with it. All are out of stock right now so are there any "must have" DS titles appropriate for an 11 year old?

Cheers,

Mark.

4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    well anyone who gets one should own Super Mario 64:DS, Feel the Magic & Ridge Racer IMO

5. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    thxultra73,

Did your DS arrive?

I ordered mine from importmadness on the 9/11/04 and they stated on their website that all orders placed before the 11/11/04 would be shipped upon release day.

On the 22/11/04 I got an email from them with an order update and on my order status under the 'shipped' heading, it had the 21/11/04 on it so I'm hoping that it was shipped on that day along with Mario64DS but if they shipped it via FedEx 2-day international (as advertised on their website) then it would have arrived by now. I have sent them over 5 emails re the status of my order over the past 2-3 days with no replies from them what so ever.

I did pay extra for postal insurance so I guess I'll have to wait and see what the outcome is.

6. thxultra73

thxultra73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Hi,yes mine came on THURSDAY which was 4 days not 2 as advertised by IMPORTMADNESS,but what really annoyed me was my MARIO 64 DS was shipped the same day as the DS but was sent out by AIRMAIL,you would of thought that they would have slipped the MARIO game in with the console.MARIO has still not arrived so im playing the METROID demo and SPIDERMAN 2 which i got from www.videogamesplus.com and is very average.My cousin is coming over from SEATTLE in december and is bringing over FEEL THE MAGIC & URBAN ASPHALT GT for me.I'm not interested in MADDEN & THE URBZ.My DS was at STANSTEAD airport on tuesday so FEDEX called me and told me they weren't going to ship any of the DS's until they got a true valuation of it so they could put it through customs.IMPORTMADNESS put ithe value down as $ 42 canadian dollars which makes it customs free but the lady at FEDEX didn't believe it and made me send her my e-mail receipt for $256 canadian dollars before she would release the DS for delivery.When it came they didn't ask for any money so maybe they will send me an invoice soon.Two of my mates have had the same phone call and because they deleted their e-mail receipts they have to wait until wedndesday before they get their DS's.