Nintendo DS Friends Code Question (general and Animal Crossing)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by FatBoysOnTour, Sep 19, 2007.

1. FatBoysOnTour

FatBoysOnTour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've taken the plunge, and will be getting Animal Crossing Wide World and 42 All-Time Classics on Friday, so that I can indulge in a bit more multiplayer gaming on the DS.

My general question is this: I can view my friends code on one of the multiplayer menus in Tetris DS, is this my fixed friends code, which is common to all DS games with online multiplayer, or, like Mario Strikers on the Wii, do certain games have their own seperate codes to add to the confusion?

Also, specific question for Animal Crossing, after reading the Animal Crossing thread, it appears that you can only see people's villages if they are friends, you can't just see random people who happen to be online. If say, I have 3 people's codes on AV Forums that I add as friends, can I see them anytime we are both online, is there any notification when they come online, and if not, do all three of you have to arrange to start the game at the same time?

Thanks for your help :)

2. Hi/zuum

Hi/zuum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +400
    in your example, all three have to be online, there are no notifications to who's on/offline. In the 42ATC e.g If somebody sets up a room online the others will be able to join that room, as long as everyone involved has each others friends codes. In the AC e.g, again if codes are swapped somebody can go online open their gate up to their town & the whoever else has their FC can visit. Hope this help.

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Hey, I forgot all about 42 ATCs, had that game sitting here for weeks and have barely touched it yet.

I'll give you a game fatboys when you're up for it, will dig the game out and look for my code:)

4. FatBoysOnTour

FatBoysOnTour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks Tetlee,

Got it in the post this morning, according to my wife (why do parcels always arrive when she's in? :rotfl:). Bags will be on the doorstep when I get home then...

I'll give you a shout once I've had a few games...

cheers,

Sandy