Nintendo direct tomorrow (17th May)

Reaction score
Streaming at 3pm BST and focusing on Spring/Summer titles, with another planned "around E3 time" focusing on Autumn/Winter titles.

Attachments

• 283XY-2.png
    283XY-2.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Might we get a sneak preview of 'Original New 3D Mario' that was mentioned months ago?! :eek: I'm excited.

I think it'll be Mario Kart, they'd save 3D Mario for the end of the year I would think.

I do enjoy these Nintendo Directs, little bit of excitement, the other two should take note!

I wonder if the dynamic will soon be changing now Iwata-san will be CEO of NoA.

Doubtful imo. I think it will be saved for their e3 showcase but you never know.

That's what I thought but you always tend to get sneaky wee pre-E3 announcements.

Killzone 3 was teaser-trailered before E3 then formally revealed. And a few of Sony's other exclusives,

I'd love it.

I wonder will the Wii-U take Mario in a new direction from Galaxy - or will it be a Galaxy-3 style Mario.

Very exciting as you just never know what Nintendo pull out of the bag with their franchises!

That's what I thought but you always tend to get sneaky wee pre-E3 announcements.

Killzone 3 was teaser-trailered before E3 then formally revealed. And a few of Sony's other exclusives,

I'd love it.

I wonder will the Wii-U take Mario in a new direction from Galaxy - or will it be a Galaxy-3 style Mario.

Very exciting as you just never know what Nintendo pull out of the bag with their franchises!

I'm really hoping for a Mario 64 type sequel. I'd take galaxy 3 though. Absolutely love those games. :)

I'd love it.

It's good to read you positive SB :smashin: Galaxy 3, nah :rotfl: I think it will transcend to 'Mario Universe' - think of the possibilities - different worlds (flat and not spherical) and each world a different experience.

I also think this game will be shown in the June Direct (E3 time). Either way, I can't wait to see what they're gonna show :)

I'm really hoping for a Mario 64 type sequel. I'd take galaxy 3 though. Absolutely love those games. :)

Mario 64 sequel would be great. Spherical worlds are cool and firing to separate small planets in the same world is cool; but I'd love a plain 3D platformer again but with 2 player co op. Luigi jump in jump out co op. The further you are apart the further back the camera goes except to a certain distance at which point Luigi suicides :D Basicslly a 3D version of New super mario bros.

Super Mario 64 but with more vibrate colours, better textures, and more attention to detail and larger worlds would be great.

But then when you think about it Galaxy is a natural evolution of that so that would be great too haha.

Either way... Whatever comes along it will be epic as always

My body will be ready at 3pm :D

Shocking, no new news, Just showing off the titles we already new were coming. Not excited about any of those releases.

Yup, was somewhat short, we did get a few new Release dates out of it though, roll on the next one around E3 time.

Shocking, no new news, Just showing off the titles we already new were coming. Not excited about any of those releases.

Luigi
Pikmin
Wonderful 101

:D

I know we've known about these games but more Pikmin info for me has been very pleasing - can't wait.

What also was very good news is Nintendo have entered into an exclusive partnership with SEGA to produce Sonic games :)

Last edited:
Luigi
Pikmin
Wonderful 101

:D

I know we've known about these games but more Pikmin info for me has been very pleasing - can't wait.

Marios Bros is Mario Bros, all good, Where are the big hitters?

Well, there was that new brand new exclusive Sonic game, they teased.

Well, there was that new brand new exclsuive Sonic game, they teased.

That's new I suppose, although of all the various Sega franchises that were playing through my mind as he was building up to it, Sonic wouldn't have been my first choice.

Must stop convincing myself that Shenmue III will ever come to pass :laugh:

Marios Bros is Mario Bros, all good, Where are the big hitters?

Pikmin 3 I class as a big hitter - we'll have to wait 'till June to hear about the 'big' hitters you refer to.

I like the look of the new Luigi and Pikmin 3 is certainly going to be something special.

Missed Sonic, tuned in 5 mins in, I'm letting my dissapointment get the better of me and I know E3 will be where the show off 3D Mario, MK (hopefully) But give us some indication their coming, please :)

Thought Iwata was in an jolly mood; would have thought he would be sweating it! :D

I can't wait for Pikmin 3 but I was disappointed in that Nintendo direct especially after the last 3ds one. Roll on the e3 one.

Did anyone watch the US one? was the US one the same as the UK one?

Started watching the US one I say Wario game, Animal Crossing game, many many Sega VC games coming too!!

US one was about the same, just in a different order, the Sega games should help pad out the WiiUVC, although I'd love to see some Saturn games added to the line-up.

New Super Luigi U is only a standalone title for a limited period, whether a DD or an packaged disc version? Am I right? After which it becames an DLC of New Super Mario Bros. U??

Or when you purchase the DLC version of NSMBU, it's more of a discount?

Last edited:
It was ok for what i expected. Game & Wario and pikmin 3. No interest in Mario dlc or the winter games if I'm being honest. Resi I've played on the 3DS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom