• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nintendo Controller Fault

BADDAD

Standard Member
Nintendo controller fault: anyone help?

I have a controller that went pop and suddenly will not work - been through all syncing issues but its not that - it is as if a fuse has blownNot had itopen yet - wondered if anyone else has been through this problem and can diagnose/correct?

Thanks!!:lease:

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
How old is the controller? Is it still under warranty? If something really did go pop audibly, then I'm guessing it's nothing that syncing will fix. You'll need to get the thing open - look for anything obviously blown and then see if you can find the component to replace it... sounds like a bit of a faff and I would probably look at buying a new one!

BADDAD

Standard Member
Hi Sanders 79 - thanks for a response!!! - out of warranty (suspiciously after a year) so can open up - your right I've given up on being able to use it again - now just on a mission to understand it in case its simple and I save £30 !!

You are right - going to open and look for anything untoward or "blown". I have tried all the other issues batteries, smacking it to release the gyro etc

Thought it might be a sensor problem or even something on the bluetooth.........................happy to take any suggestions and I will give it a go and report on AV !

Cheers

BADDAD

Standard Member
Thanks for the link - that is a useful page!!

UPDATE:

wife sticks a charger battery pack in the broken wiimote from the other ones we have by mistake - charges it - hey presto.

Put normal batteries back in to check I am not going loopy but no go.

Go figure?

IGNORE THIS NOTE: FLIPPIN KIDS LEFT THE DUFF UNIT AT THE OUTLAWS AND BROUGHT HERS HOME!!! BALANCE HAS NOW BEEN RESTORED SO THE PROBLEM WiiMOTE REMAINS...................

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom