Nintendo component cable

simonx

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if anywhere is likely to get stock of the official cable and where the best place to keep an eye out for it is?

Thanks ... Simon. :)

If it was due in tomorrow, then we would see pre-orders preparing for ship today on the Game website! I doubt its coming, but hope to be proved wrong.

Jonathan

If Nintendo didn't divert a hefty amount of stock to their beloved yanks, we would have had them by now :smashin:

I spoke to Game HQ on the phone this morning regarding stock availability for online pre-orders (I was going to place one if I was told they had enough allocation). She put me on hold and took the time to speak to a few people. I was then informed that Nintendo had not provided Game with stock and hence their pre-orders could not be processed. Sorry to those waiting but this must mean no store stock and no Friday delivery. :thumbsdow

Bah id been checking my status and knew it wasnt going to happen with nothing changing pity with the Opera browser appearing tomorrow aswell my Wii isnt being used much atm as im still waiting for a component lead :boring::thumbsdow

I just got a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV the other day and I actually refuse to play my Wii until I get an official component cable. I was expecting the quality via composite to be a bit duff but it is truly crap, Zelda looks awful.

Im a little confused, wouldnt the Official Nintendo Wii RGB SCART Cable work just as well?

I sent an email to Nintendo customer services regarding when the Wii component cable would be available.
Heres the reply:
Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry but I do not have a confirmed date on these cables.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

It appears that Nintendo themselves don't know when the cables are released.

Steve,

component output is superior to RGB scart. It wont look the same.

I just got a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV the other day and I actually refuse to play my Wii until I get an official component cable. I was expecting the quality via composite to be a bit duff but it is truly crap, Zelda looks awful.
I've been waiting to get one to play Zelda. So annoyed Nintendo haven't been arsed to get them to the UK yet.:mad: :thumbsdow

Im a little confused, wouldnt the Official Nintendo Wii RGB SCART Cable work just as well?
The RGB Scart cable is limited to 576i/480i.

The component cable can display 480p which has twice as much visual information as either 567i or 480i, and should look a lot better.

StooMonster

play.com have the madcatz one in stock.. ive ordered one!!

My Wii came with the terrible composite cable though. If it came with an rgb cable it wouldn't be such a problem. Off into town on the component hunt :rolleyes:

Well I've just ordered on from ebay, saves me the hassle of trying to find one.:) Hopefully it should arrive tomorrow as well.

Saw an official cable today, CHIPS Guisborough. Helpful for those in the North East

Yeah, it's a pain that the delivery might take a week two, but it's better than waiting weeks until Nintendo bothers to acknowledge the fact that they haven't released the cables in Europe.

Yeah, it's a pain that the delivery might take a week two, but it's better than waiting weeks until Nintendo bothers to acknowledge the fact that they haven't released the cables in Europe.
I am with you on that one. My only gripe is that it wasn't clear on his listing.

"Member: since 09-Nov-06 in Hong Kong "

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom