Nintendo at E3 2019

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we're only a few short days away from the kick-off for E3 and (hopefully) a bunch of new must-haves for Switch and other consoles. What's everyone looking forward to seeing?

Top of my list is Animal Crossing, although I have a feeling it'll be a no show given the lack of ANY news beyond it's coming in 2019. It'll be good to see a bit more of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain too seeing as they're only a few months from release. And I'm hoping we get plenty of new info on Luigi's Mansion 3 in the Direct video. New content and features for Link's Awakening would be great too, but I think it'll just be a straight port of the GB dungeons. Some news on Town and FFCC HD remake would be nice.

With the back-end of 2019 looking pretty chocka already I don't think there'll be much room to squeeze in any major 2019 surprises in the Direct. But looking forward to Q1 next year I think Nintendo will have a couple of Wii U ports in the back-pocket to pad out the release schedule (Project Zero, Starfox Zero and Xenoblade X would be good, ta), and Metroid Prime Trilogy on the way too. Animal Crossing as well, if it gets delayed to next year. Bayonetta 3 won't be around until the second half of the year I'd imagine, but could be far enough along to get a trailer shown. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be 2021 at the earliest so I don't think that'll be at E3 this year.

Dream picks (no chance of being there but hey!)

Some kind of 3D Mario HD remake (Sunshine or the Galaxy pair)
Something from Monolith (Xeno 1 HD)
A glimpse at a new Zelda (using BotW engine and assets)
Excite Trucks sequel
New Pilotwings
Paper Mario
Arms sequel (called Legs?)
Endless Ocean 3
Star Fox racer
3D Donkey Kong platformer
Halo Collection
Rare Replay (ft. DK 64 and Goldeneye)
Banjo & Kazooie for Smash :)

Last edited:
Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be playable at E3

F33B10BB-7081-4DB0-B30B-5DB86FDFB8AA.jpeg

Nintendo of America on Twitter

Would love a DX version of Mario 3D World to be announced next week. Unlikely I know.

Getting out of work early to get home, make dinner and sit down with my partner in front of the TV to watch this live at 5pm. Fingers crossed for some surprises! Trying to avoid some websites all day in case some spoilers make their way out into the wild.

It seems like a very subdued E3 for Nintendo, normally a whole lot of things have been leaked at this point but relatively on two rumours seem to be doing the rounds. Could it be that they don't have much to show? Which is pretty poor showing going into year 3.

It is meant to be 40 minutes long but I really hope they don't spend 20 minutes on the Smash DLC character move set.

It seems like a very subdued E3 for Nintendo, normally a whole lot of things have been leaked at this point but relatively on two rumours seem to be doing the rounds. Could it be that they don't have much to show? Which is pretty poor showing going into year 3.

It is meant to be 40 minutes long but I really hope they don't spend 20 minutes on the Smash DLC character move set.
Nintendo took out a cease and desist against the most prolific leaker this year, so imagine that they will want to keep something under wraps.

The leaker who was silenced has got more or less everything right so far, with one glaring omissions - Miyamoto on the Xbox presentation. So I wonder - what will the tie in to Xbox be exactly?

Maybe they are going to fully reveal the Gamepass service for Switch? Amazon also has a holding template for new Nintendo hardware so perhaps, despite their say otherwise, they are going to reveal some new hardware today? May not be Switch related, perhaps N64 mini?

Also, that prominent leaker did get two things out before Nintendo got their court order in place, though whether they turn out to be true or not is anyones guess...

A new Wario Ware game and Metroid 2.5

Maybe they are going to fully reveal the Gamepass service for Switch? Amazon also has a holding template for new Nintendo hardware so perhaps, despite their say otherwise, they are going to reveal some new hardware today? May not be Switch related, perhaps N64 mini?

Also, that prominent leaker did get two things out before Nintendo got their court order in place, though whether they turn out to be true or not is anyones guess...

A new Wario Ware game and Metroid 2.5

lol I avoided posted those two cause I thought you were avoiding spoilers. while I would buy both neither of them are big holiday style games, we already know about Pokemon, Link and Animal Crossing. Do you think that there could still be something big? I kind of started hoping that that StarFox GP is a real thing now.

Would love a DX version of Mario 3D World to be announced next week. Unlikely I know.
Would love this. And the Galaxies. And Mario All Stars.

And/or SNES games on the online service. All of them, like Netflix or similar. I'd sign up in a flash.

Due to the fact that we are getting a Mario 3D World toolset in MM2 I doubt we will see 3D World anytime soon, although I would love to see that.

God Damn Mario All Stars would love that, I bout the 35th Anniversary collection on Wii last year. Heck I think it is about time all the Mario 3D games from M64 to MG2 need a remaster.

SNES games would be such a win I would be hyped for that alone, that surely has to be coming soon, they can see the poor feedback on social media every month. Nintendo have this goldmine of a back catalogue but just siting on it doing nothing. Come Nintendo don't you like money?

Hopefully they announce that SNES games are being added to Nintendo Online and the new app is available to download right after the presentation.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

Sweet!

More Resident Evil!
Mana games!
No more heroes!

Good lord it’s a cracking time to own a Switch!

Botw sequel!
Panzer Dragoon!
Spyro!
Banjo in Smash!

Paint me underwhelmed :(

I actually thought the reveal at the end was going to be new DLC “Out later today” Least we know the style of the next Zelda.

No concrete date for Luigi’s Mansion 3 yet :(

But good we got one for Animal Crossing :)

Resident Evil 5 isn’t that bad a RE game, less said about 6 the better. But both will be hideously over priced.

Firm date for Link’s Awakening is nice

The new contra game looked ok of the price is right.

But yeah, feel underwhelmed overall.

Last edited:
So what's the big holiday game then? Luigi?

No Mario Party DLC or sequel.

SNES games would have been enough for me to jump up and down like a giddy school girl.

I am so puzzled as to why MM2 is getting a July release. I thought they must have some big guns of MM2 was a summer game.

I think Animal Crossing would have been the big holiday game, but obviously no way to plug the gap this late on, unless they spring Metroid Prime Trilogy HD on us in the next Direct in September.

I thought that was a brilliant direct.

The Witcher 3! I don't even care that I finished it on the xbox last week for the first time, cant wait to play it all again on the Switch.

Luigis Mansion 3 looked great, mana collection, dates for dragon quest xi and links awakening, astral chain looking good and of course the one more thing...Breath of the Wild sequel. Wow.

Only disappointment really was the delay for animal crossing but I'm already wondering how I'm going to afford everything anyway so maybe it's not a bad thing.

I enjoyed it overall. Plenty of titles for me to buy and backlog! :rotfl:

Just release the Metroid trilogy already!

Astral chain looked good but that’s about it for me. Might end up selling my switch at this rate...

Banjo in smash was always rumoured but finally glad they are going in! Thought the video was really well done as well using duck hunt duo! :D Alien Isolation on the switch could be epic if the port is handled well, cracking game and somewhat underrated!

Panzer Dragoon remake looked cool. I loved the Saturn games. Hopefully if it (and Zwei) do well then the developer might remake Saga too.

Shame Animal Crossing was delayed, but if it ends up a more polished game as a result then it will be worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom