Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Ninja Scroll

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FiggyD, Mar 18, 2005.

1. FiggyD

FiggyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apart from the Ninja Scroll movie, I've heard there is a TV series too. Is this right? Also, is Ninja Resurrection a sequel to Ninja Scroll?

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes theres a TV series - very good it is too.
    3 dvds with 4(i think) eps on each dvd - full series.
    Its very similar to the movie with loads of mad/ wacky chara designs and a fare amount of blood, dont remember much nudity though. Good quality animation aswell so doesnt look cheap like some TV anime can do.
    Review of Vol 1 here http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2359.php

As for the Ninja Resurrection - its not a sequel its another story with the Wind ninja Jubei in it.Its not a movie but 2 OVA's (Original Video animation), It does end on a cliffhanger as no more OVA's were made.
    From the trailer it looks very poor. But reviews have been fairly good. Review of it here http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2958.php
    Good news it is available on the Essential Anime Label now - a rerelease Label for ADV. The rereleases have been recoded and remastered and they are Dirt cheap $20.

3. jellotime

jellotime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes-this was an excellent series.

Just wanted to drop a line saying that the entire Ninja Scroll televsion series will be coming out as a region 1 dvd box set on the 10th of May.

There are 2 versions slated for release....the standard 3 dvd box set as well as a limited editon set that comes in a tin package and includes a Jubei action figure!!

As a fan of the series as well as the original movie-I am eagerly waiting for this.

I have not heard any news on a region 2 PAL version yet though.

:devil: JT.