Ninja Scroll

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FiggyD, Mar 18, 2005.

1. FiggyD

FiggyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apart from the Ninja Scroll movie, I've heard there is a TV series too. Is this right? Also, is Ninja Resurrection a sequel to Ninja Scroll?

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes theres a TV series - very good it is too.
    3 dvds with 4(i think) eps on each dvd - full series.
    Its very similar to the movie with loads of mad/ wacky chara designs and a fare amount of blood, dont remember much nudity though. Good quality animation aswell so doesnt look cheap like some TV anime can do.
    Review of Vol 1 here http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2359.php

As for the Ninja Resurrection - its not a sequel its another story with the Wind ninja Jubei in it.Its not a movie but 2 OVA's (Original Video animation), It does end on a cliffhanger as no more OVA's were made.
    From the trailer it looks very poor. But reviews have been fairly good. Review of it here http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2958.php
    Good news it is available on the Essential Anime Label now - a rerelease Label for ADV. The rereleases have been recoded and remastered and they are Dirt cheap $20.

3. jellotime

jellotime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes-this was an excellent series.

Just wanted to drop a line saying that the entire Ninja Scroll televsion series will be coming out as a region 1 dvd box set on the 10th of May.

There are 2 versions slated for release....the standard 3 dvd box set as well as a limited editon set that comes in a tin package and includes a Jubei action figure!!

As a fan of the series as well as the original movie-I am eagerly waiting for this.

I have not heard any news on a region 2 PAL version yet though.

:devil: JT.