Ninja scroll R1 vs R0

-=Kamikaze=-

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this site that sells DVD Animes and I stumbled upon a R1 and R0 copy of Ninja Scroll. The site doesn't really say anything about the differences between these two versions. Anyone know? I ask since I don't have a DVD player that can play R1 DVDs so I would like to buy the R0 but don't want to buy it if it's missing something from the R1 version.

Hi,

What site would that be please?.

ta

rai

I have the R0 copy of Ninja Scroll and can confirm that it is completely Uncut...It is in fact the unrated version of the movie. Compared to the 18 Rated PAL VHS copy I had, there are shots of Ninja stars hitting the trees around the big rock mutha, Tessai. Cut probably cos they're illegal weapons over here (also like the butterfly knife demonstration scene in Face/Off) The rape scene against Kagero is also more graphic and the dialogue is quite sadistic..."Don't let it cross your mind that I wouldn't mind raping a dead girl." Can't remember that in the video copy...then again, I haven't lowered myself to watch a VHS in quite some time.

Still the best Manga out there though ;) (I think so anyway)

How about a original language soundtrack and a english subtitle to go with it?

Originally posted by Mr Merrick
I have the R0 copy of Ninja Scroll and can confirm that it is completely Uncut... There are shots of Ninja stars hitting the trees around the big rock mutha, Tessai. Cut probably cos they're illegal weapons over here (also like the butterfly knife demonstration scene in Face/Off)

Handguns are now illegal weapons in the U.K. but you don't see the BBFC banning or cutting out their appearance on screen.

Mind you, something like Face Off would then only have a running time of 20mins. Just goes to show what type of tit-w@nks we have messing with our movie enjoyment.

JD
PS. Why hasn't Star Wars 2 AOTC been given the new 12A cert for its DVD release, with head-butt scene intact?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom