1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja Gaiden help required

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by russraff, May 17, 2004.

1. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Is it just me or is this game REALLY bloody hard?
    I have got to the second boss, a mouned horseman, and I simply cannot beat him.

At all.

This is a shame as the bits in between the boss fights are simply excellent. From what I have seen thus far (not much granted), the boss fights tend to spoil things by breaking the games pace and becoming far too FUSTRATING!!

Anyway, try as I might (I have been at it three days now) I just can't kill him. Does anyone have any tips before I throw my controller at the the wall and stamp on it until my fustration is spent, and then part ex this game?

Russell

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Yep this game really is hard and the bosses will get harder but stick with it as it is just so excellent.

For the second boss make sure you have full arrows and stick in one of the corners, maybe the left one through the door, so when he comes towards you fire the arrows at him ensuring you hit him. Try to also avoid his front attack and when he turns slash the horse from behind as many times as you can even if you have to follow it for a bit. Do not jump at all though as you will just end up on the end of his spear. As for those two things that keep appearing try to ignore those until you need some energy. If i can remember rightly a forward and y button with the sword should kill them pretty quick.

Wait until you get to Alma, you will put the controller through the screen :mad:

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Actually another tip as well and what i used to do was keep going in and out of the levels/stages where the birds appear and keep killing them to build up your yellow essence so that you have quite a few when you get to the shop thing, it does take time but is worth it as you can really build your items up.

4. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well m8 i know how you feel.. tis very tough in parts.. i concentrated on killing the guy on the horse..roll around alot not jump.. keep hacking away at the horse.. thoughs magic guys are a pain.. every chance you get if ones near you hit it loads.. get some ultimate power up and use that on the horse.. you`ll do it.. kep rolling around though.. took me about 10 attempts.. i`m a bit further on and it`s hard.. really good but hard.. hope that helps.. :smashin:

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I manged to beat him! :clap: :smashin: :thumbsup:

You may think all those smilies are a trifle OTT, but I certainly don't. I killed all the magic samurai off first (lotts of "X" button attacks) and then did loads of those ultimate techniques on the horse bloke. I am well chuffed, but now that that boss bit is over (and the quite stunning FMV sequence after) I realise how much better the game is without the boss fights.

At least I won't be part-exing it just yet, or at least until that Alma character. Is that the purple dragon woman in the manual? I would check but I threw my manual behind my AV kit, in utter fustration, and can't reach it anymore!

Russell

6. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    :smashin: Russell well done and yes that is her, she is just so hard