1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nine inch nails at play

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by manny, Mar 8, 2005.

1. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i'm a little annoyed at the moment! i just got an e-mail from play.com telling me that they've cancelled my order for Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral SACD because they made a mistake in the price! i ordered this on the 3rd of November last year and now they're telling me if i still want it i'll have to re-order it at a higher price! :mad: surely if they put it on sale at £9.99, which they did, they are obligated to honour any pre-orders at this price? i really want this disc but i'm loath to meekly re-order at £12.99. cd-wow have it at £11.99 so maybe i'll go there.
    has this happened to anyone else?

2. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I pre-ordered it at play in November. The release date constantly changed, until recently when all it said was 'Out Now - Waiting For Delivery Of Stock'. After about 2 weeks of this annoying message on the site, I got bored of waiting, so I cancelled my order and decided to order with cd-wow. I got an e-mail immediately saying that the order was delayed because they had trouble sourcing the item. I recieved REGULAR E-MAIL UPDATES from cd-wow (which play dont do!!) informing me that it was delayed. I was a little unhappy that it was being constantly delayed, but I was pleased atleast to get some updates on the status of my order, unlike play. :mad:

My patience paid off as it shipped from cd-wow towards the end of last week and is with me now. Havent had the chance to listen to it yet, but I am pleased to have finally got it atleast :D

3. iZombine

iZombine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Manny,

I'm pretty sure play.com have to honor their pre order agreement. It used to say something about it on the site when you place your pre order.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I had the same email on my pre-order too. Not very impressed either:(

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I got mine in HMV for about £13. Does anyone know if The Fragile is also due for the remaster treatment?

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    What is SACD? Is it just a cleaned up transfer, or is there more too it than that?

7. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I hope so. I did read on an unofficial site that Mr Reznor was going to re visit some of his other work once 'With Teeth' was out and the tour was over but I dont know if this is true or if it even means that he will be re releasing them as SACD's :confused:

8. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

there's more to it than that. the audio is at a much higher resolution, potentially giving much better sound than cd, and can be in both stereo and 5.1 surround, both on the same disc. DVD-Audio does the same thing but uses different coding technology, actually a higher resolution version of what's used on cd.