1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nine days to go.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Bandog, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Bandog

Bandog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As some of you know, I bought a Sagem HD 45 about a month ago to find it had a dirty big scratch down it. John Lewis offered to replace it with the new Sagem HD45 T2 (I believe) and it is coming in 9 days.

Anyone seen this yet? I have been told it has a better picture, though I can't believe this.

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    It doesn't have the "frosty" screen problem that the earlier 45 had.

3. Bandog

Bandog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit I have3 seen the forsty screen quite a bit lately. Can make the picture look snowy.

4. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has the new H4 chip in, which means it is slightly less sharp. Although it does have an inbuilt freeview tuner and two HDMI ports instead of one DVI.

Make sure you've got the right cables ready :).

5. Zola_Blue

Zola_Blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the new HD45 from John Lewis today. First impressions are not too good although I haven't played with the settings yet.

The freeview is watchable but worse than watching Sky on my old CRT, analogue tv is very poor and dvd is okay (not stunning) but I do have a rather cheap 4 year old dvd player, which I intend to upgrade very soon.

I really hope a tweaking of settings & some changes to the hardware improve the piccie.

6. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dissapointing.

I MUST get a demo soon, ringing JL tomorrow, so yeh... demo.

EDIT: Were you using a DVD player with progressive scan? How was it connected? SCART no doubt.

7. Zola_Blue

Zola_Blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVD player is an Alba DVD103 - a 4 year old value for money player. I connected a QED P2110 RGB Scart (which has had good reviews). I'm sure its not progressive though. As I said the pq was good but not a wow.

After writing my first impression above the good news is that the pq has improved (about 10%) without me changing any settings - hopefully that's the bulb wearing itself in & will continue to do so. I notice that the tv seems to handle details well but not large areas of colour, e.g. the sky or grass.

On comparing ITV1 I noticed that the analogue version is slightly sharper than the built-in Freeview player.

My Skybox is out of action presently so can't comment on that. Also I wasn't able to get a connection from my laptop but I'll try my pc tomorrow.

Over the next few days I'm going tweak it a bit & see if I can get some improvements. I shall report back.

By the way my DLP is the very latest Sagem HD45 with the new chipset & the smaller speakers.

8. Bandog

Bandog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have IXOS cables and SCARTS's (thanks Razor) and th epicture on mine is fantastic.