Nil by Mouth (1997) 25th Anniversary Blu-ray (BFI)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - BFI Shop - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 05/12/2022

This intensely powerful and emotional landmark of British cinema has been remastered in 4K for its 25th Anniversary by the BFI National Archive, and this release is the first time on Blu-ray anywhere in the world.
NBM_25A.jpg

Extras:
  • Newly remastered in 4K by the BFI National Archive
  • Newly recorded audio commentary by writer and director Gary Oldman and producer Douglas Urbanski
  • Interview with Gary Oldman (2022): the acclaimed actor in conversation with film Geoff Andrew
  • Interview with Ray Winstone (2022): the actor discusses his role in the film with Geoff Andrew
  • Interview with Douglas Urbanski (2022): Gary Oldman’s long-time friend and collaborator, and the producer of Nil by Mouth discusses how the film came to be made
  • Fearing the Worst: Charlie Creed-Miles on Nil by Mouth (2022, 28 mins): the actor recalls the making of Nil by Mouth
  • People Were Queuing For Any Role: Sue Jones on Nil by Mouth (2022, 16 mins): the film’s casting director recalls her work on the film
  • I Missed The War (Gary Oldman, 1994): the only surviving footage recorded for an unrealised documentary about his mother’s life and experiences
  • Deleted scenes (1997, 28 mins): a series of deleted scenes selected by Gary Oldman
  • Galleries - a selection of rare production materials from Gary Oldman’s personal archive
  • 2022 trailer
  • 80-page book featuring new writing by Douglas Urbanski, Kat Ellinger, Philip Kemp, and Jason Wood and archive extracts from Time Out and Sight & Sound. Also includes contributions on selected extras by Gary Oldman and never before seen original storyboards from the film
  • Newly created English subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing
  • Newly created audio description track

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It can certainly do with one in PQ respects but then it's a down N dirty film, so I trust they won't make it look too daytime clean.
Harry Enfield's The Slobs meets Gary Oldman and gets serious. Poor Kathy Burke.
First saw it in the Glasgow multi with a newish date and 2 others in the place. To say I got a few looks from her during it wasn't a good start.
A doc about Oldman (by Melvyn?) featured this and his dear old featured mum, The Duchess, as they sat in the local boozer supping on lunchtime drinkies.
I suddenly feel like playing Sleaford Mods...

Final artwork/extras list added.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom