Nikon D70 - Anyone got one yet?

witters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine's en-route from HK and should be here Thursday. Anyone actually got one yet? If so, first impressions?

hi witters

i have been looking forword to buying one of thease for a while now but i did not think they were available yet where did you get it from could you let me know.

thanks

WILLIAM

Yep - bought it off a relaible Ebay trader based in Hong Kong. £598 + carriage.

have seen a few for sale on ebay and thought they were scams. what lens are you using, also what is the warrenty like does nikon have a world wide warrenty.

thanks

william

Yep - world wide warranty. I'm using the new Nikkor 18-70 EX lens.

Hi mate,

With carriage it was £651. It came in 3 days via Fed Ex and the guy marked it so no duty was applied.

Ebayer was digitalishop

Hope this helps

Not mine, although my brother-in-law bought one at the same time and he's decided to move uo to a D1X. I'm selling it for him on Ebay as we speak.

Did you get sorted out begaguy. If not PM me and I can point you in the direction of a good supplier/deal.

hello witters,

yes today bought a kit from jessops in doncaster £949.00 fantastic camera just have to work out what all the buttons do, havent put it down since i got home.

thanks for answering all my quistions.

BEGAGUY

Cant afford one of these but have been haveing a good play around at work with it. It feels so much sturdier than the 300D and value for money wise beats it hands down IMO. The manual focus is soo lovely on it. Although I have to be honest and say I do not understand the point in the AF/M and M options. If you can use the manual focus in Autofocus mode why the need for a dedicated manual mode? Even so first impressions are superb, well done for getting one we are selling them like hot cakes.

Witters, did you manage to post the receipt off to me? Thanks Barny79

Was just looking at the D70 with Nikkor 18-70mm (28-110 ish equiv) in Duty free at Gatwick. £851 - very tempting. Although maybe not as tempting as ebay.

Originally posted by matiano
Although I have to be honest and say I do not understand the point in the AF/M and M options. If you can use the manual focus in Autofocus mode why the need for a dedicated manual mode?

I would guess that if you have it set to AF, and you manually focus, when press the shutter release, it will start to auto focus. Not got an auto focus camera, so feel free to laugh if I'm wrong.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and v.impressed ... can't say how much as a client still owed me for some work I did last year :)))

Would the lense from my Nikon F-55 slr work on this?

I need someting to save up for otherwise I'm going to pack my current job in cos it sucks!

Yes it would work. Have a look at the 2 review links above, for details of which features of your current lenses will work (ie, auto focus, and metering).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom