• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

nikon D60 marco HELP!!

ka_za

Standard Member
iv not long bought a Nikon D60, the day i bought it the macro worked fine on it but now i need to use it for my photography course its not working
it seems to be focusing on the background rather than the subject...eg - if i was taking a photo of a flower it wil focus on the grass or other flowers behind it

how do i get it back 2normal??

please help!!

Mike.P®

Dont know anything about Nikon but guessing its something to do with your focusing points set somewhere else than centre?
Also, forget AF for macro, use manual focus .. you will get much better results.

ka_za

Standard Member
iv tried using the focus manually but its still focusing on the background iv tried resetting it aswel because when i first had bought it macro worked fine but dont think its reseting either

Mike.P®

Ah, I presumed you were using a macro lens ... is it a camera pre-set?
If so then it could well be as mentioned earlier.

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
If you shoot in RAW it is possible to see where the camera focused when the shot was taken if you use View NX or Capture NX.

Farno

A bit of a dumb question, but can the lens focus as close as you want it to?

What I mean, focus on the shot you want and if the object your focusing on is soft(out of focus) but the background is sharp(in focus), take a step backwards and try again.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom