Nikon D5100 warranty card question

P-P-S-S

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I just received my Nikon D5100 + AF-S 18-55 lens from OneStopDigital today. I noticed that the warranty card for the lens has the words "Nikon Worldwide Service Warranty" written at the top which is fine. However the Warranty card for the D5100 body says "This warranty is valid only in Japan". Does this mean that if something went wrong with my D5100 body I wouldn't be able to send to Nikon in UK for repair?

I believe that all Nikon lenses have worldwide warranty but bodies do not. So OSD provide Mack warranty which will provide the cover for you in the UK. However it is better clarified with OSD.

According to osd website they send the camera off to hong kong for repair and they pay the courier costs.

11. How long is the warranty you are offering?
Unless otherwise stated, we offer 12 months "Return to Hong Kong" warranty for cameras, camcorders, lenses and flashguns. Warranty starts from the date we despatch your order.
Please see our terms & conditions for full details.

http://www.onestop-digital.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=8

I ordered my Nikon d5100 from hdew cameras took 3 days from hong kong to be delivered but they are based in the uk. They give you a 3 year warranty and repairs are dealt with the Nikon repair centre in Glasgow.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom