Nikon D3X due December....

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to dinner with Nikon this week.

The Nikon D3X is due in December 08.

24mp beasty type thing. Using the same Chipset as the Sony Alpha 900 with some revision, name change. Stands to reason as they have been badge engineering processors for some time.

Could and should be interesting for those who want more MP.

Diego.:)

Cheers for the heads up Pete, but the 12.3mp of my D300 is more than enough isn't it..? :rolleyes:

Cheers for the heads up Pete, but the 12.3mp of my D300 is more than enough isn't it..? :rolleyes:

If you feel it is then yes..dont get caught up in the Mega pixel thing. I have no interest in it - the D3 is more than enough for me.

He he - I wasn't serious Pete. For the time time I can't think of a single item I'd want to replace now. I'd keep the low noise and 12MP.

He he - I wasn't serious Pete. For the time time I can't think of a single item I'd want to replace now. I'd keep the low noise and 12MP.

Aha, I see. You scammed me.....:D

Likewise, off to cover Bristol vs. Toulon in a bit. 6400 brilliance !!

I don't suppose anyone has an indication on what the price will be?

Aparantly the improved sensor is going to be even better at high ISO than the D3/D700, and wedding photographers not upgrading will be out of work. What makes it particularly harsh on wedding togs who are slow to upgrade is that D3 and D700 prices are about to plummet, and the D3X will run out of stock quickly.

I'd hate to see you out of work Guy, so as a favour, I'm willing to buy your D700 off you while it's still worth something. Say £500?

LOL Ive always said I'll take yer D3 Guy.

pity you aint really upgrading

Aparantly the improved sensor is going to be even better at high ISO than the D3/D700, and wedding photographers not upgrading will be out of work. What makes it particularly harsh on wedding togs who are slow to upgrade is that D3 and D700 prices are about to plummet, and the D3X will run out of stock quickly.

I'd hate to see you out of work Guy, so as a favour, I'm willing to buy your D700 off you while it's still worth something. Say £500?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hi Pete
I didn't realise you'd grown so into photography over the last few years!

I don't suppose you found out if there's anything coming in at the lower end? I'm a complete beginner with photography but had a play with a friends D80 the other day and thought it was ace. Sadly the D3 or D3x are a little out of my price range but if a D60 or similar with the live view feature were on the cards I may end up with a nice christmas present on the way... :)

Hi Pete
I didn't realise you'd grown so into photography over the last few years!

I don't suppose you found out if there's anything coming in at the lower end? I'm a complete beginner with photography but had a play with a friends D80 the other day and thought it was ace. Sadly the D3 or D3x are a little out of my price range but if a D60 or similar with the live view feature were on the cards I may end up with a nice christmas present on the way... :)

Nikon D90 mate. Better than the 80, has live view and a movie mode with high def. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom