nikon d100

C

captain chunk

i have been offered a nikon d100 at a good price, but will all recent nikon af lenses work with it? i seem to remember that they dont and you have to use lenses that are made for nikon digital cameras, if that is the case would i be better getting a canon, as all the older (read cheaper) eos lenses should work.

thanks
chunk

As far as I know (I know 2 D100 owners) you can use any Nikon AF lens.

seany

Banned
How much captain? i may be putin one up for sale on the forum soon

C

captain chunk

£600 - £700 dependant on what lens' i have with it

im going to sell my f717 kit to fund it

C

captain chunk

next q what difference will i find between a d100 and a canon 300d besides nikons legendary build quality

seany

Banned
I can't answer that mate, but i tell you waht. Nikon spare parts dept is a joke. Rang them yesterday for a batterie chamber cover, got through to a answer machine. "hi, this is james i'm not at my desk right now"!!!!! One guy sorting the spares out!!!

Well I own a 10D and have played a few times with a D100. To be honest there is very little difference between the cameras in most respects. Image quality on both is superb and features wise both cameras have pluses and minuses so it pretty much evens out.

When I was choosing my camera I tested the D100 and as much as I liked the camera it just didnt feel right in my hands where as the 10D just felt perfect.

I believe I now why this is. The D100's body is smaller than the 10D and I have quite large hands. Whenever I have held the D100 it always feels like its slipping out of my hands where as the 10D fits my hand like a glove as it were. Equally yesterday I picked up a 300D and didnt like it because it is the same size as the D100

My point is that you should try out both cameras before buying. Both cameras are excellent and will serve you perfectly for years but you have to find the camera that feels right to you in terms of build, layout of controls, understanding the menu's etc etc.