Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Nikon 8800

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by JCianflone, Dec 8, 2004.

1. JCianflone

JCianflone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I am looking to buy a new digital camera...i was thinking about the nikon cp8800....someone was talking about barrel distortion, cromatic abberation/purple fringing when he used the camera....has anyone had those problems with this camera? would anyone recommend a different camera?

thanks
    JC

2. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alot of compact cameras suffer from this kind of stuff. Luckily adobe photoshop can rectify purple fringing if you use raw format photos. However when i was looking at buying a new digi cam all the praises pointed to the new panasonic fz20 with 12x zoom and f2.8 constant throughout the zoom ranges, hotshoe for mounted flash, 5megapixel ccd and lots of manual features. Did I mention you can get it for around £350. This said I opted for the canon eos300d for a couple of hundred quid more........

3. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Just to give another "thumbs up" for the Panasonic FZ20.
    Bought mine about a month or so ago from my local Jessops (who were advertising at £449.00 but price matched a website for £339.00 :clap: )

Fantastic picture quality, terrific zoom, hardly any shutter lag at all and great low light capabilities.

Added bonus is that the menu's are nice and easy to understand for this numpty too!!

Rob

4. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Me too - price matched at Jessops to £329!

Refreshing change from all the "usual" brands.