Nikki Grahame

crashcris

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nikki Grahame, contestant and stand out character of Big Brother 2006 due to her many memorable tantrums and coined the phrase "Who is she?" has lost her battle with eating disorder Anorexia. So sad that even though she recently went in for treatment, she wasn't able to be saved.

Last edited:
This is awful news. I'd hoped the treatment would have been in time to stabilise, then improve her condition. She was a massive part of the show's success, despite not being a series winner.

Bloody hell, 38 years old, I used to watch BB at that time and I remember her mental tantrums

RIP

Just saw it on Twitter. I didn't watch it, but you couldn't help but notice her on TV around the time. I remember thinking she was quite bonkers. She's a year younger than me. How sad. I had a friend go through anorexia and it's insanely horrible. Poor girl.

She was of course famous for her tantrums and "Who is She" rant. Far too young to die. R.I.P

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't stand her screeching on BB but remember reading about all her anorexia and mental health problems she suffered, long before she was on BB. Remember being uneasy that it was a good idea them giving her the green light to go on there in the first place, she was a very mentally fragile person. Have good memories of her on "Celebrity Pointless" and few years ago, though. She'd moved to France and had seemed to have got control over her demons, sadly not. She was also surprisingly intelligent on there.

The poor thing and what a terrible way to go 😔

I read a few weeks ago that she was really struggling with her anorexia again so feel really sorry to hear that she lost her life to it.

Her family and friends must be in bits.

Poor Nikki. Perhaps the most memorable of all civilian BB contestants. Funny, annoying, endearing, harmless and troubled. Such a sad illness, picking off young people in what should be their prime (Karen Carpenter, Lena Zaveronni).

I knew she was desperately ill but it's still a big shock to see she's died. I have never been a Big Brother watcher for the most part but she was in the media a lot after her series and I saw her here and there.

So sad for anyone to die so young, and in such a way. Just awful.

R.I.P Nikki.
Such tragic news. I'd seen her Mum interviewed recently and felt hopeful she would be able to get through this and get better.

Regarding her being exploited on reality TV, I think it's difficult to say as I think reality TV has a history of this but Nikki seemed to be on good terms with the show and returned and seemed friendly with the likes of Davina and Rylan, so who knows.
It was mentioned that lockdown could have been a trigger for her as loneliness had been mentioned and she was doing a course to work with SEN children that had stopped because of lockdown.

My thoughts with her family and friends. I just hope one comfort they can have is how supporters helped with fundraising for her in the clinic and wished her well.

BB's motormouth, was a strange/fun reality tv character, sad to hear of her death and problems

RIP

Regarding her being exploited on reality TV, I think it's difficult to say as I think reality TV has a history of this

Yep always has done, which is why I have a very low opinion of these shows, and went right off them years ago.

Rachel Johnson just now on LBC talking with another reality contestant, Andrew Brady, both said there is no real psychological assessment, just a cursory box ticking when you leave, and even though they claim to check up on your wellbeing after leaving, they actually don't bother and don't care.

Yep always has done, which is why I have a very low opinion of these shows, and went right off them years ago.

Rachel Johnson just now on LBC talking with another reality contestant, Andrew Brady, both said there is no real psychological assessment, just a cursory box ticking when you leave, and even though they claim to check up on your wellbeing after leaving, they actually don't bother and don't care.
Did a guy commit suicide after love Island?

I've never watched it but sounded similar in that they put vulnerable people up for entertainment and with not much help for afterwards.

Did a guy commit suicide after love Island?
I know nothing about this show except that quite a few have taken that tragic path
- could be about 3 or 4

Trash TV has a lot to answer for. I can't imagine why people even watch crap like love Island.
Nikki made BB that series but I stopped watching after that when I realised it was just such a bad idea and wasn't really entertainment but just a horrible experiment to try and get people either shagging or trying to kill each other.
RIP Nikki

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom