Nikkai 5.8GHz Video Sender Remote Extender Issue

TiffWagg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post but I am hoping to get some advice.

I bought a Nikkai 5.8ghz video sender for my virgin media box that is down stairs. I found setting it up was easy and I have a picture and everything works fine.

But....

The remote extender is insane! I change the channel and I can be sitting here up to 10 minutes before it actually turns the box on (if this the first action it has performed sof the day) and when the box is on and I flick through channels it will repeat this ALL DAY. 900 channels just changing so fast i cannot stop it.

At the moment because the last action I performed was turning the box off, it's done nothing but turn on and off for the last hour.

I have gone through Nikkai's channels selection to make sure there is no interference but it happens on every channel of the Nikkai box. My neighbours don't have cable, sky or freeview (they are strange like the burbs :laugh: ) or the Internet so it's not them interfering in anyway. They are my only neighbours. I'm semi detached with nothing the otherside or above or below.

I'm wondering if it is the position of the remote extender? I had initially stuck it right over the infrared receiver of my Virgin Box (it's the silver Samsung bog standard V box NOT V+) but maybe it shouldn't be there? Its that weird cable with three equally spaced apart blobs. I stuck only the first blob on the extender cable over the receiver on the virgin box and trailed the remaining cable over the top of the box. I have no idea how to stop this. Maybe it's something I have done? It's infuriating to watch, if not impossible!

I bought this specific Nikkai Video sender as the reviews seem to be great and as it was a 5.8ghz one it wouldn't interfere with t'internet, microwave etc etc but I don't use my microwave hardly ever and this happened when my net is off.

Is there a remedy to this? Has anyone had this problem and been able to rectify it? Is there an alternate remote extender that WON'T turn the box on and off 3847727868643524 times in a row or go through 900 channels for hours on end?

Any help and/or advice where to get another remote extender would be great.

I keep hearing good things about the magic eye (?) but I have no idea how they would even work. Is there a plug on the back of the Samsung box for that to even go in?

Lastly, if I have placed this topic in the wrong forum, I apologise, I assumed because the signal I am sending is Virgin Media it would belong here.

Thanks in advance

Tiff :D

Any help at all? I am looking through this site to see if previous questions hold an answer that might relate to my problem and no such luck.... The internet isn't a great help here either.

Send take the Niikkai back it is obviously faulty as it is repeatedly sending the same command until you send another and then it continuously repeats that one.

To fully test it by-pass the V+ box and set it up to control your Tv directly, bet it does the same....:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom