Nikita - Season 1 (US + Spoilers)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The CW has ordered a pilot for a remake of the 1990's Canadian/US television spy drama, 'La Femme Nikita'.

McG ("Terminator: Salvation," "Human Target") will executive produce the "Nikita" remake, along with Peter Johnson from Warner Bros. and Wonderland Prods.

The French film "Nikita," about a young criminal who's trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then was remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda called "Point of No Return." The story was then launched as a TV series in 1991 on USA Network.

"Nikita" will give The CW its first non-supernatural action-drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue and a new assassin is trained to replace her.

Original

YouTube - La Femme Nikita 1997-2000

If made right could be very good, IF!

EDIT damn the CW that's the smallville network right? unless there's an up and coming Joss whedon heading this it's going to be mediocre at best.:(

Last edited:
Such a weird TV series.

I wonder if they'll get Steven Hendry to star in it again. ;)

I used to watch this program all the time and still watch some of the repeats now. If done propperly it could be good replace Peta willson though cause she isn't as fit as she used to be back then but not with Eliza Dushku :eek:

The original film is a classic and the US remake is worth a watch too but the TV series was pretty bad. Best left alone in my opinion.

Bri

CW finds it's Nikita

Maggie Q (Die Hard 4.0, Mission Impossible III) has landed the lead role in pilot.

maggie-q-DieHard40.jpg

The casting of Hawaii-born Maggie Q -- whose mother is Vietnamese -- is particularly significant as it jumps off an iconic character historically portrayed as Caucasian, first by Anne Parillaud in Luc Besson's 1990 film, followed by Bridget Fonda in the 1993 redo "Point of No Return" and Peta Wilson in the 1997 USA Network series.

The CW pilot's premise of a new Nikita being trained to replace the original one after she goes rogue gave creator Craig Silverstein an opportunity to break the stereotype, and he wrote the lead as "beautiful and exotic."

The pending hire of Maggie Q would mark the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network's four-year history.

Maggie Q (last name: Quigley) made a name for herself as a Hong Kong action-movie star before landing roles in "Mission: Impossible III" and "Live Free or Die Hard."

CW finds it's Nikita

Maggie Q (Die Hard 4.0, Mission Impossible III) has landed the lead role in pilot.

maggie-q-DieHard40.jpg

Star of Naked Weapon...I'm sold:D she was very good in that film I've liked her ever since, plus she's soooo hot.:devil:

Any news of when we could exspect to see this ?

Hi,

I love the original Luc Besson movie, but the US remake was absolutely :censored: shockingly awful! :( I didn't really get to see the TV series, though it's starting a complete re-run on CBS Action (Sky EPG 148) from 9pm each weekend night.

However, that new remake from the CW network, gives the impression that it'll be more "Aeon Flux" than "Nikita", especially going by the salaciousness of the poster! :(

Pooch

Nice tat :laugh:

This aired on the 9th only just got around to seeing it and was suprised with the pilot. It wasnt too bad as far as pilots go and will look forward to next weeks episode.

I did see that but didnt want anyone coming in and seeing something they shouldnt hehe. Its happened before :oops:

I thought the ending was good, the inside man wasnt who I thought it was. I thought it was going to be 1 of 2 people and I was wrong on both counts.

Was quite impressed with the graveyard scene and when she broke into her dads house and broke his wrist hehe.

It was ok i though, it seems like a kind of a remake of the earlier series we had a Michael and a Berkoff in that aswell playing the same rolls.

Never watched the original TV series (didn't its creators go on to create 24?), but enjoyed this pilot, like a darker version of the feelgood Covert Affairs ... both escapist popcorn

This aired on the 9th only just got around to seeing it and was suprised with the pilot. It wasnt too bad as far as pilots go and will look forward to next weeks episode.

Yep, much better than I was expecting. Not too sure about the handler guy but overall not too bad :)

Episode 1: Pilot - 7.9/10

Where mostly lightweight Covert Affairs failed, Nikita steps up to the plate with it promising grittier premise, but i doubt they will keep that pace for most episodes, still wasn't expecting it to be this good. Both Maggie Q (DH4) & Lyndsy Fonseca (HIMYM, Desperate Housewives) were good and hope to see the latter work her way around Division. The guy with the razor blade did not mess about taking out the bodyguards, and neat twist to the story for Nikita and co :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom