• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nike+

bigdavecox90

I did a search and couldn't really find my answer.

Just wondering guys...what do I need to do to use the Nike+ app type thing on the 3GS?

cuttsy

You just need to buy a sensor and a way of attaching it to your shoe if you don't have Nike+ trainers as per the first two on this amazon search

Amazon.co.uk: nike + sensor

Start up the Nike+ app on your phone link the sensor in the settings on your phone follow the instructions on the app and go running. (worth while calibrating the Iphone on a measured run as mine was telling me I had finished a half marathon at Mile 11.)

Then set up an account on the Nike+ website sync with itunes and it sends the data to the Nike+website and you can follow your progress.

Excellent stuff.

Last edited:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
What exactly does it measure? Just distance? Might as well use one of the many apps that does that via GPS.

cuttsy

What exactly does it measure? Just distance? Might as well use one of the many apps that does that via GPS.

But I don't think you can listen to your music at the same time or lets you take calls etc might be wrong. The New Nike + website also lets you challenge friends and keep a track on each others achievements so quite a good motivator.

Nike+ also gives you feedback on runs like how far to go and PB times on the go.

bonchai

Standard Member
I was going to get one of these but the battery can not be changed! Once it goes dead you have to buy a brand new unit.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Has anyone got runkeeper pro?

I have ordered the nike+ sensor, but was wondering if runkeeper pro is better?

KaidM

Standard Member
I have been using Run Keeper Pro for about 2 months.

I really like it.

You can listen to music at the same time and the app then maps your route onto google maps. Keeps a record of workouts so you can review your progress.

Also allows you to specify whether you are running, hiking or cycling.

You can receive an update every 5 minutes on distance and pace covered as well as a work out summary.

Also started to tweet my workouts on facebook which is great for getting encouragement from friends etc.

So overall yes would recommend.

Kaid

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom