• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nikaai

dan_l

Standard Member
Hi,

I have just installed a Nikkai Digital L22AG 2 port Digital Booster from Maplin and the picture goes fine to the TV connected upstairs when it is connected to either of the output ports but the magic eye is only powered when it is connected to output port 2.
Does this sound like a fault with the unit or is there something I can change or that I'm not doing right?

Thanks,
Dan

dan_l

Standard Member
You haven't read the instructions.

Only RF2 provides 9V DC
You haven't read my post right, the signal booster is connected to RF2 on the sky box but only the magic eye work when the tv is connected to TV2 on the Booster, when it is connected to TV1 on the booster the magic eye doesnt work.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
The eye is powered by the 9V from the TV output on the booster. Ergo it is not receiving power from TV1. It could be internal to the booster or the TV1 connector is not making a good electrical contact with the cable to the Eye - check the centres of the connectors.

dan_l

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply, I have taken the booster back and swapped it and both ports are working now.
The problem I now have is that when both of my TVs are connected upstairs to a splitter running from the booster downstairs the magic eye doesn't work.
The way I have got it setup is a lead from RF2 on the Sky box going to the signal booster, 1 cable then goes to upstairs from the signal booster which then has a standard splitter connected to it. The Magic Eye works fine when either the cable from downstairs is connected directly to it or the cable downstairs is plugged into the splitter with one other TV but as soon as I plug both TVs into the splitter the magic eye light goes off. Has anyone got any idea why it is doing this, would I be better off with another signal booster upstairs as well instead of the splitter?

Thanks,
Dan

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom